2014 Nissan Frontier Pro-4x Funky town Build

kylevd23

Observer
Right on, my grandmother lives downtown in the museum district in ft worth.
I'm a Yokohama guy, but I like that tread design a lot. Walmart taking a page out of discount tire playbook? DT has been grabbing a ton of business with their Cooper ATP house tire for years.

Yea most definitely, they are definitely trying to get into the scene, their service is pretty good as well, at least the location I went to, I've had two sets of Cooper All terrains, first set was the Zeons, which I don't think they make anymore, had those on my titan, they ended up chunking, no hard core offroad as it was a two wheel drive truck, and second set which were the AT3 on my Sierra 2500, the tires were really hard, so I felt every bump, ended up trading those in for a set of BFG KO2's.

These goodyears definitely have a unique design for an all terrain, was definitely worth trying out given the price as well.

kylevd23

Observer
So I've read through many threads about winches, I've personally never been biased towards any brands but after much reading specifically on lower end ones, I didn't want to cheap out on this as it may be a determining factor of whether I get out of a sticky situation especially on the trails in BFE. So after reading some horror stories about these cheaper winches, I decided on a Warn winch 8000lb capacity with a steel line. I wasn't sure if I wanted the synthetic line so I went with what has always worked in the past. But this should pair nicely with the ARB Bumper once I pick that up. Now just to wait on my new toy to come in
winch.jpe

Last edited:

kylevd23

Observer
Ordered the ARB Breather kit today, that way I can get rid of the crappy Nissan Stock breather, whoever designed that should be fired.

Zillon

Ordered the ARB Breather kit today, that way I can get rid of the crappy Nissan Stock breather, whoever designed that should be fired.

Agreed.

You can do it for cheaper, though.

I'm doing mine with a Toyota barb fitting and some fuel hose later this month, when I return from vacation.

kylevd23

Observer
Agreed.

You can do it for cheaper, though.

I'm doing mine with a Toyota barb fitting and some fuel hose later this month, when I return from vacation.

yea ive got the toyota barb in the garage waiting, I did the cheaper route on my Titan and it worked great, but I guess i got this for aesthetics:sombrero:.

kylevd23

Observer
My ARB breather kit came in today, shipping was super fast since it was in town, guess I have a little project this weekend, hopefully I'll get some time this weekend to do a little exploring, that is also if it doesn't rain alot, a lot of the areas including our OHV parks are quite sloppy right now.
IMG_7413.JPG
IMG_7418.JPG

kylevd23

Observer
Had time this evening to install my ARB Differential breather kit. I also used the barb from the Toyota Tacoma, 90404-51026.
I didn't go back and take photos after zip tying everything, but you can see where I ran it near the wire loom on the passenger side of my truck. I just zip tied it up next to it. I ran it up along the side the fuse box and mounted the filter to the firewall.
IMG_7447.JPG
IMG_7448.JPG
IMG_7451.JPG
IMG_7452.JPG
IMG_7453.JPG
IMG_7454.JPG

kylevd23

Observer
Took a small trip out to Bridgeport TX today with my little brother to test out the Frontier. The truck did really well, however will probably be my last trip out there, the heavy rain that we've been getting the last few weeks has heavily eroded the trails, and due to that, other vehicles have rutted up paths pretty good as well. So a lot of rocks and tree stumps are visible, and without higher clearance, there is definitely more probability of damage.

The tires did excellent out there, there was only one time I needed to use my rear locker through a large mudhole that was real sloppy. Other than that, a lot of 4HI through difficult sections.
DSCN0740.jpg
DSCN0746.jpg
DSCN0757.jpg
DSCN0760.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles