2014 Nissan Frontier Front Recovery points

coop74

Old Camping Dude
I just purchased and ARB front bumper and winch combo and noted that my vehicle does not have any front recovery points. While the winch will be handy it has been my experience that a quick little tug is all you need and dont have to do the winch cable dance.

Does anyone have any suggestions on mounting up a couple of good recovery points in conjunction with my ARB front bumper?

Thanks in advance for the replies...

Last edited:

coop74

Old Camping Dude
I got some tech drawings suitable to make recovery points from another member. I likely will have a set made by a local fab shop that does good work.

Would anyone else be interested in having a set made. I have no idea on cost at this time, but knowing how many might want a set made might influence the price.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

ADVW/Liam

Adventurer
The ARB for my Tacoma did not come with recovery points either. I spoke to ARB who advised me that the new air bag compliant bumpers they sell in the states were not engineered to handle the sudden jerk or yank from a tow strap. I was advised to use the stock recovery points. A guy on the Tacoma World Forum welded his own recovey points to his ARB bumper, and as far as I know it has not failed or broke anything yet. I'll stick to the stock recovery points until I can dream up something different.

coop74

Old Camping Dude
The ARB for my Tacoma did not come with recovery points either. I spoke to ARB who advised me that the new air bag compliant bumpers they sell in the states were not engineered to handle the sudden jerk or yank from a tow strap. I was advised to use the stock recovery points. A guy on the Tacoma World Forum welded his own recovey points to his ARB bumper, and as far as I know it has not failed or broke anything yet. I'll stick to the stock recovery points until I can dream up something different.

I am talking about attachment points for the stock locations...

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior