2014 JKU Rubicon 3M Vinyl Wrap

RangeBrover

Explorer
Finally got around to wrapping our new JK matte indigo. I'm really happy with how it turned out, but be prepared to take apart the entire jeep. Let me know what you think. \

I just vinyl wrapped my 2014 JKU Rubicon matte Indigo. The process was pretty arduous, but I'm really happy with the results. Does anyone else here have any experience with vinyl?

JK-Wrap-15.jpg

JK-Wrap-5.jpg

Check out more pictures at the blog if you're interested.
DirtRoadTrip.com

HAFICON

Adventurer
That is beautiful... I have been thinking about having my doors done just not sure how well it would hold up on the trials.

RangeBrover

Explorer
The vinyl is actually pretty durable. It'll hold up well as long as you don't run a tree or scrape a rock. I'm no worried about everything else, but I'll give you guys a review in a few months after we hit the trail.

RangeBrover

Explorer
That is beautiful... I have been thinking about having my doors done just not sure how well it would hold up on the trials.

I almost went the door route but it looked kind of funny. You'll also need to paint the hinges, if you try to wrap them they just fall apart.

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
The matte finish is going to suck to clean the mud off of when you get it dirty. Looks cool though Alex... keep your pants on.

RangeBrover

Explorer
The matte finish is going to suck to clean the mud off of when you get it dirty. Looks cool though Alex... keep your pants on.

Not to worried about the mud coming off, as long as I keep it washed and hose it off in a reasonable time it'll be alright.

HAFICON

Adventurer
My current set up is plastic dip coated with truck bed coating. Makes the plastic dip very durable and less like crappy plastic dip. It will have to work till I get my doors wrapped but after seeing how yours came out I think it will be nice.

HRPINDC

Adventurer
The wrap looks awesome. Your build will be incredible too. I would suggest investing in new front end parts such as axles, gussets and ball joints. Maybe even sleeves.

Where in VA are you? I'm just up the road in DC.

RangeBrover

Explorer
My current set up is plastic dip coated with truck bed coating. Makes the plastic dip very durable and less like crappy plastic dip. It will have to work till I get my doors wrapped but after seeing how yours came out I think it will be nice.

How does this work exactly? You spray on the plastidip and then hit it with bed liner after the fact? Does it make it come off easier etc?

The wrap looks awesome. Your build will be incredible too. I would suggest investing in new front end parts such as axles, gussets and ball joints. Maybe even sleeves.

Where in VA are you? I'm just up the road in DC.

I'm based out of Tysons Corner, I run the Mid-Atlantic Overland Society over on facebook. We link up every month in Springfield so you should try and come on by.

In regards to the mods, suspension and armor is next on the list. The plan is to sleeve the front axles for now, but I'll probably wait until the regear or I break something.

HRPINDC

Adventurer
I'm glad you didn't go chrome..... I work in Tyson's too. I would be interested in the Springfield get together. Can you give me the details?

RangeBrover

Explorer
Come find the Mid-Atlantic Overland Society on Facebook. We do a meeting on the second Thursday of every month at Kilroys in Springfield. Festivities start at 6:30.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94