2014 JK Salt City Build Out

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Really dig the Genesis Battery setup, and you did a very clean install of it. :beer:
Every time I see it, I think there should be a cover over the center to hide the solenoid and wiring. Maybe a plastic similar to the engine cover, that clips on.

gauchomatt

Adventurer
Really dig the Genesis Battery setup, and you did a very clean install of it. :beer:
Every time I see it, I think there should be a cover over the center to hide the solenoid and wiring. Maybe a plastic similar to the engine cover, that clips on.

I know... Right? I think they keep it open so it doesn't get too hot. It's always really hot to the touch. A complete guess though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big mike

Adventurer
I gotta say , I have a 50" up top 40" on hood two 5" on pillars and a 20" on bumper. Here a little wind no whistle .
As for cutting down the MPG ******** really you bought a box.
Looks like a 2.5" lift looks nice.
I went with the 3.5" rock runner suspension great handling on trails rocks and pavement .
Just a suggestion you might look at the safari rack. Or go to equipt and check out there racks, that's the route I went. As for an rtt Eezi awn or nothing !!! Have a globetrotter on my AT Chaser and the same on my jeep . There lifetime tents . You will love them once you get past the sticker shock.
The dual batteries are very cool. Once again I went with equipt . But they are only an hour and a half from me.
Your rig is taking shape really nicely !
Mike

gauchomatt

Adventurer
I gotta say , I have a 50" up top 40" on hood two 5" on pillars and a 20" on bumper. Here a little wind no whistle .
As for cutting down the MPG ******** really you bought a box.
Looks like a 2.5" lift looks nice.
I went with the 3.5" rock runner suspension great handling on trails rocks and pavement .
Just a suggestion you might look at the safari rack. Or go to equipt and check out there racks, that's the route I went. As for an rtt Eezi awn or nothing !!! Have a globetrotter on my AT Chaser and the same on my jeep . There lifetime tents . You will love them once you get past the sticker shock.
The dual batteries are very cool. Once again I went with equipt . But they are only an hour and a half from me.
Your rig is taking shape really nicely !
Mike

Mike, thanks for the info! I in fact talked with owner of Equipt today on the phone... He was sitting next a river in Montana! Hah.

I wonder if it's the mount position on the light bar rack that causes the whistle. Which ones are you running on your rig?

I have been looking at RTT and trying to decide if I drop the change and her and Eezi on or go with another brand. I know Eezi is the Warn of RTT... But just exploring. Trying not to research too much... Or I just go into full blown indecision mode!

Thanks for the advice. Keep it coming!!

gauchomatt

Adventurer
Thought I would post a few pics on here. I'm getting tired of all these poser shots in the driveway. But haven't had the chance to take it out since the mods were done. Soon!

Oh... And it was just cleaned. I like my Jeep equally dirty as I do clean. :)

d561e487c15a0e9a8f164b73f927e001.jpg
76251cc0b838fd54325a8e7175357e5e.jpg
f27fb93e7fe1b63659a013617c9e8f70.jpg

Also... I mentioned the bouncing of the tire carrier. Does anyone in SLC know if a fabricator or any idea on something I could rig up to securely fill the void from the tire to the old tire bump? It needs to be aprox. 6" in length.

See here:
4cd107ff102898aa086f8d76fcf52fa3.jpg

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
I have *read* (no first hand experience on this) that Daystar has extended bumpstops that will work for this.
Hopefully someone who has used them will chime in on this.

That is one beautiful Jeep, clean or dirty! :beer:

nnnnnate

Adventurer
Gaucho, have you been on RME? Lots of really good local dudes that could give you some ideas on that tire carrier and would enjoy seeing your build.

gauchomatt

Adventurer
Love the Genesis setup and Spod, on my list as well.......................Jeep looks great!!

Thanks Maxcustody!! Let me know when you do it... There are for sure so items that were a little confusing and complicated that didn't have to be with a bit further clarification.

gauchomatt

Adventurer
Gaucho, have you been on RME? Lots of really good local dudes that could give you some ideas on that tire carrier and would enjoy seeing your build.

I haven't! I'll have to check it out. I have heard about it however. Thanks for the suggestion!

gauchomatt

Adventurer
Just got my Tepui Tent delivery! (Super fast by the way...) now I am just waiting on my Gobi rack. Patience.......

I also got all the wiring setup ready for the compressor install. As soon as I get on that I'll post some picks. Off to do some back packing!!

I have *read* (no first hand experience on this) that Daystar has extended bumpstops that will work for this.
Hopefully someone who has used them will chime in on this.

I have the Daystar extended bumpstops. They are a dense foam material. Ive had a 33" tire on my carrier for the past 33K miles with a lot of off road use, and my tailgate is fine. Is that because the Daystar pieces are working or am I just on borrowed time? Who knows.

gauchomatt

Adventurer
Still working on getting the compressor installed... Err.... But I have installed the Gobi rack! Looks good!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles