2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Uberlanding Build

MattScott

Approved Vendor
tury6u8e.jpg

I couldn't handle the hood mount anymore. It might be an interesting mount for performance, but there's no way it outweighs the negatives of it's location and interference with washer jets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toxicity_27

Adventurer
tury6u8e.jpg

I couldn't handle the hood mount anymore. It might be an interesting mount for performance, but there's no way it outweighs the negatives of it's location and interference with washer jets.

Where do you think you're going to mount it now?

HRPINDC

Adventurer
Jeep is looking great Matt!

I'll weigh in on the detailing products and throw in Adam's Polishes. I've used many different products over the years, but their stuff is amazing. I too started with it last year when my Jeep was new and have been very impressed.

Keep up the great work.

fjatl

Adventurer

Good call. The conversation here got me to thinking more and more about it, and I agree with you that this was just not the right place for that light...

coming together nicely!

MattScott

Approved Vendor
Went for a little drive yesterday with Laura, taught her how to put it in low range and get a little bit flexy. We took Hi-Mountain Road all the way to Pozo, nothing crazy, but a few offshoot trails to have some fun with.

pronghorn%20(1).jpg

pronghornside.jpg

O.R.T.

Observer
needs headlights... ;)

Needs sliders. FTFY ;)

Protect the rockers, even daily driving they're nice. Heeheehee, no more door dings, well, at least to your doors.
They will put a nice wrinkle in a careless parker's door seam. :D

Decent front page article, same for this thread. It's your vehicle, use it for your purposes. Ignore the Negative-Nancy's and carry-on. Heck, I got rid of the 4Runner, thought about a Jeep, went over all my options versus hang-ups, and ended up going full haywire and bought a '14 Ram QC-1500 4wd/Posi instead. People think I'm nuts for what I am planning for it but for what I do when we travel it's absolutely appropriate since I am past ever having to access big rocks and tight trails. Build what suits you, care less about the resale value, and wheel it.

Shane @ O.R.T.

Last edited:

MattScott

Approved Vendor
Needs sliders. FTFY ;)

Protect the rockers, even daily driving they're nice. Heeheehee, no more door dings, well, at least to your doors.
They will put a nice wrinkle in a careless parker's door seam. :D

Decent front page article, same for this thread. It's your vehicle, use it for your purposes. Ignore the Negative-Nancy's and carry-on. Heck, I got rid of the 4Runner, thought about a Jeep, went over all my options versus hang-ups, and ended up going full haywire and bought a '14 Ram QC-1500 4wd/Posi instead. People think I'm nuts for what I am planning for it but for what I do when we travel it's absolutely appropriate since I am past ever having to access big rocks and tight trails. Build what suits you, care less about the resale value, and wheel it.

Shane @ O.R.T.

Luckily it has sliders from the factory. Rumor has it they're pretty sufficient for most uses. I've taken a few small hits on them in press fleet Jeeps, and they came across unscathed.

ndrenfro

Really looking at the JW Speaker.

I've driven JKs with both truck lites and JW. I ended up going with the truck lite LED headlights and JW fogs. I've been very happy with the truck lites.

zelatore

Explorer
Luckily it has sliders from the factory. Rumor has it they're pretty sufficient for most uses. I've taken a few small hits on them in press fleet Jeeps, and they came across unscathed.

No personal experience, but I thought the OEM Rubi sliders were a little on the weak side for heavy use (?). I've certainly seen plenty of them pulled off and replaced w/aftermarket stuff over on JKO, but I can't say how much of that is down to aesthetics or the plan for more serious crawling.

GetOutThere

Adventurer
No personal experience, but I thought the OEM Rubi sliders were a little on the weak side for heavy use (?). I've certainly seen plenty of them pulled off and replaced w/aftermarket stuff over on JKO, but I can't say how much of that is down to aesthetics or the plan for more serious crawling.

The stock Rubi sliders on the JKs are actually pretty good. Nothing crazy, mind you, but they do the job. They are weak if you want to rotate the rig on a rock (just too close to the sheet metal for that), and *can* bend up into the body work if they take a heavy hit from a sharp rock. They also obviously don't do double duty as steps. You're correct in stating that for heavy use they are not at all ideal. They only bolt to the frame with two small brackets. For heavy use, I'd definitely recommend a set of frame welded Evo sliders...

I can attest to the fact that you can use a Hi-Lift on the stockers with no issues.

MattScott

Approved Vendor
The stock Rubi sliders on the JKs are actually pretty good. Nothing crazy, mind you, but they do the job. They are weak if you want to rotate the rig on a rock (just too close to the sheet metal for that), and *can* bend up into the body work if they take a heavy hit from a sharp rock. They also obviously don't do double duty as steps. You're correct in stating that for heavy use they are not at all ideal. They only bolt to the frame with two small brackets. For heavy use, I'd definitely recommend a set of frame welded Evo sliders...

I can attest to the fact that you can use a Hi-Lift on the stockers with no issues.

Yeah, plenty enough for my use.

Thanks for the info!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94