2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Uberlanding Build

HAFICON

Adventurer
Lots of cool info here. Great set up I did the M.O.R.E dual tray as well but I built a hold down for them. Also I like that front bumper that is a really nice set up and how you can add almost anything rwally shows the functionally.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Agreed.

I do a lot of night driving, where I want my high beams to avoid moose, buffalo and other large animals that will write off your vehicle. I've tried Hella's, Cibies, custom projector HIDs, Hella's (again - broke the first set (and the Cibies) in cold water), before finally breaking down and spending $550 on the TL Leds. I drove my friends then drove mine (I had the Hella's in at the time). Placed the order that night for the TLs, and am very happy with them.

The stock JK lights are downright dangerous on country roads and useless off-road. Complete garbage. I've had JWSpeakers for 3 years and can say they are fantastic. Last year, I added their fogs and they really fill in nicely. Great, sharp LED light, last forever, DOT approved, JKs should come stock like this. Most manufacturers are moving this direction.
MOPAR has teamed with JW Speaker and there will be a MOPAR part offered soon.

http://www.jwspeaker.com/other/the-next-evolution-of-led-headlights

I'll have a set soon and compare them to the older 8700 Evolution as well as a set of stock JK lights.

MattScott

Approved Vendor
I am really starting to doubt if I'll ever even get back to this vehicle...things in Australia are taking off. What to do...what to do...

In the mean time, my Dad has quite a nice ride to drive around the suburbs of Chicago like a poseur!

toxicity_27

Adventurer
I am really starting to doubt if I'll ever even get back to this vehicle...things in Australia are taking off. What to do...what to do...

In the mean time, my Dad has quite a nice ride to drive around the suburbs of Chicago like a poseur!

That's good, but sucks at the same time. You can always buy one in Australia and build it again!

Boba Fett

Matt,

Just read through your build thread. Awesome build and very inspiring, and I am not to far from you! I'm from Santa Barbara, nice to see someone close :sombrero:

Well, I'm in Pismo so I'm close to ya, but I drive just a stock '85 Toyota pickup! Humble newbie me.

HRPINDC

Adventurer
Hey Matt, how's the Jeep?

I am checking in on how well your Pronghorn bumper is working out for you. I may pull the trigger on this very soon and would like to know your experiences. Thanks a lot.

HP

Highlander

The Strong, Silent Type
Hello,
I have really enjoyed reading your page, and your car really seems to be amazing.
Last summer I hitchhiked and walked 12.000 miles across America and I got to the point where I realized that a car is very important for traveling. I remember no one gave me a ride to the Grand Canyon, so I missed that place to see. :)
I am going to get a car but yet I am still being indecisive between Wrangler Unlimeted and Mercedes G -Class.

What is the logic behind of having two batteries? What would you need tow batteries for?

HRPINDC

Adventurer
One battery will be a dedicated cranking battery for starting. The second will be a "house" battery to run accessories such as a fridge, winch etc. The batteries are connected using an isolator, to prevent the cranking battery from being drained if the "house" battery should become fully discharged. This way you know that your starting battery is always fresh and you can run accessories off the second battery without worry. You could also use the second battery to start the vehicle if necessary, sort of like jump starting yourself. Nice to have when you're in the middle of nowhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier