2014 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon HeliNomad Build

HeliNomad

Adventurer
So after a few weeks of using the rear drawer system...I decided to switch to an ARB drawer. It is just a little tighter and allowed for more room. The AT system is really nice and likely a better use of the space but the ARB Outback system fits my needs better. I obviously still kept the AT fridge slide out which is extremely well made and perfect for that application. Here is a photo:

IMG_1962.jpg

BenHedrick

Adventurer
So after a few weeks of using the rear drawer system...I decided to switch to an ARB drawer. It is just a little tighter and allowed for more room. The AT system is really nice and likely a better use of the space but the ARB Outback system fits my needs better. I obviously still kept the AT fridge slide out which is extremely well made and perfect for that application. Here is a photo:

View attachment 211907

Heli,
What Sub remount is that? Looks really nice.

HeliNomad

Adventurer
Did you loose the use of the cubbie with the arb draw?

Well it's true that the ARB system does not allow access to the cubby. But I have access from the fridge mount side. Really no big deal but I could image this being an issue if you have dual drawers. I think this set up is ideal.

Keyne

Adventurer
Just read through all the pages. What a great build. Also, thank you for posting the details of your experiences with the fitment of the different parts, lessons learned with the AEV parts, etc. Great stuff. Enjoy your Jeep! So jealous. Maybe my next vehicle will be a commando AEV JKU...

gauchomatt

Adventurer
Awesome Build!

Loving this build out HeliNomad!

I bought a new 2014 JK Rubicon (in August of 2014) and have been in the process (slow process) of building this thing out to be the expedition vehicle I have alway wanted. It's great to see full build out's such as yours and I thank you for that and your documentation! It's inspiring and helps me in the crazy decisions between all the different products that are out there.

I have a couple simple questions, and anyone can chime in on this if they know. I'm considering an AEV snorkel kit for my JK but as you can see... I have the light bar mount that is already using the A Pillar mounts.

1. Do you think the AEV snorkel will get in the way of this?
  2. Do you think the AEV hood is worth the investment for ease of install vs. just cutting the stock hood?
  3. Also, will the stubby antenna work with it as well?

Thanks for the discussions, love your jeep!

jeek-jk-gauchomatt.jpg

gauchomatt

Adventurer
@Dp7197 thank you for your help! I love the look of the hood and totally agree that it "makes" it. I'll have to start a new thread about my build out so I'm not high-jacking Heli Nomad's thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeliNomad

Adventurer
Loving this build out HeliNomad!
  1. Do you think the AEV snorkel will get in the way of this?
  2. Do you think the AEV hood is worth the investment for ease of install vs. just cutting the stock hood?
  3. Also, will the stubby antenna work with it as well?

View attachment 290818

Thanks! I don't know about the light bar because I never got into that. I'm sure AEV would know that. I really like the AEV hood because of the heat reduction. Fit and finish are excellent also. I recommend it. I'm sure the stubby antenna would work but I don't know for sure as I have the original. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles