2014 Infinity QX80 Calmini 3" Lift?

Corpsman801

I am really wanting to pull the trigger on the Calmini 3" lift for Armada/QX80.
However, I realize the lift is only 90% fitment for my vehicle.
It is 100% for the P61G, but my P60G will need some work or help for the rear upper shock mounts.
I have some questions for anyone who has installed this lift before on a P61G or P60G vehicle.
This before I call the guy at Calmini again and annoy him with more questions.

Attachments

• 20220421_110847.jpg
    20220421_110847.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 24
  • 20220421_112608.jpg
    20220421_112608.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 23
  • 20220421_112623.jpg
    20220421_112623.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 20

KrymSIX

The Calmini lift is basically a body lift. You don't gain any performance just some tire clearance.

Also Calmini doesnt have the best track record so if you choose to make a purchase with them make sure you protect yourself.

Additionally the Calmini kit won't work if you have HBMC.

There isn't much in the way of pre made lift kits for the US market because their are some fitment issues with the Aussie market kits. They're workable but you'll need UCAs for sure.

mufchitman87

The Calmini lift is basically a body lift. You don't gain any performance just some tire clearance.

Also Calmini doesnt have the best track record so if you choose to make a purchase with them make sure you protect yourself.

Additionally the Calmini kit won't work if you have HBMC.

There isn't much in the way of pre made lift kits for the US market because their are some fitment issues with the Aussie market kits. They're workable but you'll need UCAs for sure.
Agreed. I really wanted one until I realized they get sued every year for not delivering products. I personally talked to the owner and he has some very deep rooted beliefs about how awful we are for thinking our QX 80’s are even remotely similar to the Y62s.

Sooper Camper

Adventurer
You can do a lot better piecing it together with other parts from better quality brands.

I have no idea what the difference between a P61G and P60G is, but this really isn't rocket science either...scope my build thread if you want some ideas. I got 30% more wheel travel in front, and 50% more in the rear after ditching the HBMC mine came with and swapping in some Falcon shocks. You could easily replicate what I did with some Bilstein 6100s in front, SPC UCA's for a Titan, then Lovells rear springs and a Bilstein rear of correct length. Paying $1k+ to keep the Nissan spec dampers seems like a joke, just to sit 3" taller. They already more or less fit a 35" tire stock, and getting a real damper in there will be the best thing you could ever do.

I can't speak for 'functional' HBMC, because it was completely shot on my car when I bought it and only stayed on for the drive home from the used car lot (sketchiest 200mi I have ever, ever driven...). The US spec HBMC is shorter travel than the Aussie spec version, so its a Granny Smith to Cosmic Crisp comparison..both are fruit from the same tree, but the user experience is markedly different based on the target use for each market. I wouldn't hesitate to rip the system out again, even if it were functioning correctly. The rear shock has like 2.5-3" of droop, which is pathetic; front isn't much better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne