2014 GMC Savana AWD adventure van

rbudres

Observer
Alright - Throwing the Van back up for sale at $24,500.
I am still interested in a pop-up truck camper as a partial trade. Something that would fit my 6.5' Tundra bed. Thanks!

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
So, you do know that your CL ad is gone?

And without that ad, there’s very little detailed info on your rig in these Forum posts.

Can you add back the basics here please.

Thx

rbudres

Observer
Ummm yeah. Info would help!
2014 GMC Savana awd passenger van for sale.
5.3l V8
AT
This van is outfitted as an adventure van, with a queen size bed on a platform in the back, ARB awning, ARB awning tent, and propane heat. I have it equipped with 3/4 ton suspension for more clearance and better towing capacity. This van is directly from Montana this past spring and was recently ziebart undercoated here. No rust at all. The van currently has 59,000 miles. Tires are recently new as well. All of the rear seating is also included.

Gets around 20MPG on the highway - it was surprisingly economical on the road trips that we have taken.

This is an awesome van, set up as a really practical camper or Adventure van. This is a much more affordable option to a Quigley or Sportsmobile 4x4 conversion.
Please let me know if you have any questions.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
my questions for you about this nice van.....

1. Do any of the side or rear windows open up at all, other than the front roll down driver and passenger windows?

2. Do you have tilt wheel? Y/N
Cruise control? “
Power windows? “
Power locks? “

3. What's the total garageable height please (since you've boosted the suspension) for those of us who need/want to park inside?

Last edited:

rbudres

Observer
Hi there,
1. Yes, most of the rear and side windows have the hinged operation.
2. Yes for all
3. I will need to measure, but I know it is less than 8'.. it fits in my garage

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Standard garage door entry heights seem to be 7' (84”) in newer construction that I've seen out here in the desert.

Stock AWD Chevy van would just fit thru a 7' entry, based on the GMC website info, which states a vehicle height of “82.1 to 83.9″ (didn't say why there's a difference between the two heights tho).

So, I'm not sure about the results of your modification. Let me know, please, when you get those measurements.

Thx

Last edited:

rbudres

Observer
With the load bars on, It is at 87". Load bars off, I think it would just squeak thru a 7 footer - not that it would be convenient...
My OH door is 8'

Choff

Adventurer
We have a 05 GMC Savana with 17" rims and it fits in our garage with a 7'-0" door opening-LOVE IT FOR WINTER AND OIL CHANGES!!!
and that's with 10 lbs of air in Air Bags in rear !!
maybe have 1 1/2" clearance to fit in door opening -it works

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles