2014 Fuso 4X4 Host Outback - SOLD

Deansco

Observer
For sale is our 2014 Host Outback built on a 2015 Fuso Canter 4X4 located in Jackson, WY

~10,000 miles
$135,000
(over $200k spent)

Host options ordered with the Outback:
Ultra leather on Dinette
Insulated windows with solar cool glass
DSI gas/electirc water heater
450 Watt solar panels with monitor
AM/FM/CD/DVD with Blue Tooth
Exterior speakers
Upgraded Roof hatch
Interior LED lights
Microwave
Thetford sealed 3 burner Euro series cook top
2000 W inverter
80 Gallon fuel tank
4 - 6 volt AGM batteries
Picture window in back wall
Rear awning

In addition Sportsmobile West (ATW) upgraded/added the following:
ATW Parabolic suspension
ATW Super Single wheels and tires - Aluminum 19.5X8.25 with Toyo 285/70R19.5
Two National air seats both with heat
Overhead console
CB radio and Firestick antenna
Aluminium front bumper
Warn winch 16,500 lb in locking bumper compartment
Extreme Air Magnum compressor
Roof rack and ladder
Hella Fog lights
Kenwood NAV, HD stereo, Bluetooth etc, speakers and sub-woofer
Dynamat inside of cab
Custom console between front seats - has three lighted cup holders, storage and makes it easier to go from cab to camper

It is a side entry, two slide (both sides) version. Host redid the dinette so there are two seats facing each other instead of the bench seat behind the table. One side fits two people the other just one due to the bathroom entrance (see pictures). Fuso has reprogramed the transmission to start in first gear each time.

Important points:
Seats and sleeps two only
No AC in camper
No generator

Host Outback.JPGnational seats air adjustable and heated.JPGdinette.JPGcrawlway to cab.JPGbed.JPGcontrol panel.JPGbathroom.JPGkitchen from dinette.JPG

Last edited:

Deansco

Observer
Outside storage

Here are some pictures of the outside storage compartments on the Fuso. The rear compartment is quite large.

outside storage 1.JPGoutside storage 3.JPGoutside storage 2 (rear of truck).JPGpropane storage.JPG

haven

Expedition Leader
Please comment about your experience using the double slide. Is the interior usable with the slides closed? Any problem deploying the slides when you're not on level ground? Thanks.

Deansco

Observer
Please comment about your experience using the double slide. Is the interior usable with the slides closed? Any problem deploying the slides when you're not on level ground? Thanks.

The double slides give the camper an amazing amount of interior space when open. Host uses significantly beefier slide mechanisms than other manufacturers. The metal is thicker and completely wraps around the slide mechanism making a jump out of the track practically impossible. We never experienced any trouble opening or closing the slides when off road camping, including not so level spots.

The down side of all that space is that stealth camping is not possible. You could, in a pinch stealth sleep as the most of the mattress is available when the slides are closed. You lose about 18" of the foot of the bed under the wardrobe. The kitchen and bathroom are not usable with the slides closed. The slides take about 10 seconds to open so road side stops for lunch or bathroom breaks are easy if you open the slides.

I have sketched the floor plan with the slides open and closed as shown below to try to illustrate why it is unusable when closed. Please let me know if it is not clear.

open floor plan.jpg

closed floor plan.jpg

Deansco

Observer
Outback and a dog

Traveling with a dog in the Outback is very easy. We have a 60lb wired hair pointer. She would lay on the bed near the pass through when we were driving. She could see out the front window and see us as well.

When camped, the area under the wardrobe was available for her bed. It was not on the floor where you walk so she could easily be out of the way but still part of the goings on.

Big Rudy

If this ends up being a double post, sorry.

If you are looking at a Fuso/Host combo, you really need to see this one. I have seen it, and Dean has represented it very honestly.
I have no skin in the game here, just confirming a nice rig. Take a look, you will not be disappointed.
Doug

Deansco

Observer
interior height

The interior height of the camper is 6' 4.5". The LED lights take some of that away. So clearance everywhere is 6' 3".

Roverchef

Adventurer
Very easy to misjudge the housing market especially in Jackson. Awsome rig and GLWS. Go grab a beer from Tofte @ tie me up for me!

Decanter

Adventurer
Beautiful truck! What does the truck weigh now that it is finished? Do you have any idea the camper weight?

Deansco

Observer
Beautiful truck! What does the truck weigh now that it is finished? Do you have any idea the camper weight?

Thanks.

The GVWR on the Fuso is 14,050 lbs. With the camper fully loaded (full fuel, water, two people, a dog and all camping supplies, food etc) it weighs about 12,900. I think Fuso lists the chassis weight at right around 6,000 lbs. If so, the loaded camper weight minus the diesel fuel,people and dog would be about 5,950 lbs.

Shradicalwyo

Adventurer
Can I come over and drool at this thing? I'll bring pizza from work...

I'm waiting for the day our landlord calls and says our condo is being sold... This market is insane but at least we're lucky to live in Jackson right now.

Deansco

Observer
Come visit an American icon and buy a awesome camper

Now is a great time to plan your visit to Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone. Fly into Jackson, buy the camper and start an epic journey in style. Or just come look at the camper and enjoy the parks. The days are getting warm and the nights are still cool!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz