2014 Ford E-350 12ft SRW Box Truck

CaptainBuilt

I used 3/4" OSB made for house sub floors. Then covered the underside with FRP to make it water proof. I used OSB because the original flooring had half lap joints every 6 inches. I want everything to be air/vapor tight. Before I lay the hardwood floor down I will add a large sheet of plastic and tape it to the walls, that way no air can make its way through the floor.

Then I will add 1/2" insulation and then hardwood flooring. It doesn't look like I've done much, but from here on out, things will go VERY quickly.

The FRP on the underside of the OSB:

LmVUiFkl.jpg

Floors in and everything sealed up!

Mww67O4l.jpg

RV Steps in. I need to do some more tweaking before sealing everything up. But, its working great! Will really come in handy once the box truck is 4WD.

moclDFkl.jpg

kDl6GO6l.jpg

CaptainBuilt

Betty Sue is back home. Still not shifting past 2nd gear. Haven't had time to mess with it.

Hrdcwqxh.jpg

LrgMhZDh.jpg

I've been working on the rear wall.

Steel and tool box for the rear:

k8Y2gHGh.jpg

Everything framed up:

LJQ4IOdh.jpg

Sheet metal on. It was a pain. It didn't come out perfect. Not bad either, just not perfect. It doesn't leak and no holes!

6LKk60Uh.jpg

elcbhNWh.jpg

Everything painted and the mini-split condenser on the rear wall. Solid AF.

The rear tool box will keep stuff like chairs, tools, and act as a counter top when needed.

vE2L5Lnh.jpg

And........... lololololololol...... I couldn't pass this one up.

bPKqa3Eh.jpg

Getting that A/C working on the inside will be #1. It's hot as hell in there now.

CaptainBuilt

Went to @ujoint to map things out. Always great seeing those guys, even though they're probably tired of seeing me!

I ordered the correct wool polishing pad to take out all the oxidation on the box to get rid of the old decal marks. Just haven't got to it yet.

Just a good motivational photo:

FrLu0NVl.jpg

Front bumper on. I need to wire the lights up to the sPOD and get a new winch control before I can spool up the winch.

And I flipped around the RIGID trim rings that way they face up instead of upside down.

6kUreGPl.jpg

Now that the rear is closed in, I'm really hoping the interior build goes fast. That way I can order everything for 4WD. I'm tired of building, wanna start camping.

CaptainBuilt

Shower is framed in. Mini split is in. I ran the PEX for the shower and sink and electrical for the fridge and 110v socket for the counter above the sink. Insulated it and covered it in shiplap. Still needs putty and paint.

I need to finish the side wall and start working on the shower.

dtXN0aoh.jpg

CaptainBuilt

Wall trimmed and painted. Just 3 more to go!

doHbaFal.jpg

The step for the door has been built and I covered the outside of the step in fiberglass resin to waterproof it. It has 3 coats. Solid!

POWCk2jl.jpg

Added the speakers off Betty Sue and put them in the new van. Alpine Type R's. Will be adding a small sub and amp for the 4 component speakers.

AqtGAwLl.jpg

UJOR sPOD and Scan Guage 2 installed:

6UfvrpVl.jpg

I pulled the UJOR OBA system off Betty Sue and will be installing it too. Gonna start stripping Betty Sue down here shortly. Will be posting parts available soon.

CaptainBuilt

Headed back to work. I really need to get the cruise control turned on.

JyepbY3l.jpg

We are doing maple floors, green cabinets, and light green accents. The countertops will be fake marble Formica.

The ceiling will be non-aromatic cedar. The shower will have matte black tile and pebble floors.

Inspiration for colors:

IsdwFx4l.jpg

yTROIhcl.jpg

w9heDMHl.jpg

I have a plan together for the elevator bed.

Also, I didn't know if I mentioned this or not. There is a way to charge your house batteries from a EV charger, legally.

TusconEV.com sells a J1772 Adapter with remote pilot box. Pair that with a Mean Well RSP-1500-12 Power Supply and you can charge your batteries with the EV charger. There is a special way that the power supply has to be wired to make it work.

You CANNOT ground the PS. EV chargers have a floating ground. Then wire the L/N with the 2 hots. And ground with the ground from the EV plug. Just don't ground the ps to the ground on your rig.

There are lots of people who do this on the solar forums and DIY EV car forums. You can also buy a Tesla adapter to charge at a Tesla Charger.

The plug from TusconEV.com:

Link: https://www.tucsonev.com/
WOwPetRl.jpg

PS:

sPXwAuSl.jpg

CaptainBuilt

#1 on the list is to get the cruise control turned on. It's killing me.

I drove from Orange, TX., to Houston (1 hr). Stopped at Buc-Ee's.

plOZrZXl.jpg

Then drove 3 hrs to Austin to do the paperwork for selling Betty Sue.

16th floor hotel view:

564jVqgl.jpg

1BcavZKl.jpg

Currently in Meridian, MS. 8 hrs left to go!

uhZx326l.png

CaptainBuilt

Shout out to Ford of Meridian, MS. I stopped in and asked if they could turn on the cruise control and they did! Also, the previous owners (FedEx), had the speed limited to 75mph. They also fixed that.

HYmB4T1l.jpg

Another Buc-ee's!

t4zITsAl.jpg

This sign always cracks me up:

Dqb2W2ml.jpg

Stopped at IKEA in ATL on the way home and picked up the countertop:

96I0l6tl.jpg

CaptainBuilt

Oil report came in, everything looks .... ok..... Not really worried about engine or transmission problems with this van. It has the 5.4L gas / 5R110 combo. I could literally buy a new engine and transmission and still be under what I had just in the transmission of the 7.3 van.

S5p7t8Nl.jpg

CaptainBuilt

I was really tired of looking at the 2 tone walls of the box truck. You could still see where the original FedEx decals were. Not real excited about the amount of labor involved, but 2 days of buffing, and I'm finished with one side.

Before:

8zLbYDKl.jpg

After:

UbFRkTzl.jpg

CaptainBuilt

I haven't been doing much due to the holidays, but I managed to squeeze a few days worth in.

Ceiling insulated and taped up:

jojnpH3h.jpg

PNW Cedar ceiling:

aH6O5mJh.jpg

Framed in the shower / bathroom. Below the mini-split is the fridge, and a sink will go there as well.

I'll save the shower for last. Next up is insulating walls and putting up the rear bench seats / lift bed.

U8GwVrMh.jpg

CaptainBuilt

Got the Jeep home. Even tho it will be dragged back to Louisiana in a couple months. We bought a house there.

FT2fpTFl.jpg

riVGHSHl.jpg

3 of 4 walls are in.

8huHdR3l.jpg

Installed the on demand hot water heater and bought the water tanks.

6yrXyObl.jpg

dsybt3rl.jpg

The propane line from the back wall mount to inside the cabin. The back wall is insulated with rockwool insulation. I had to use 2x4's on the back wall for everything to fit.

8ytE0g3l.jpg

Outside view:

gWWj0sdl.jpg

Once it warms up, I will grind all the outside welds down smooth. Every nut that holds the brackets for the propane tank and toolbox has been welded to the bulkhead. That way once everything is covered up and I need to remove it for some reason, I won't have to take the rear interior wall down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior