2014 Ford E-350 12ft SRW Box Truck

CaptainBuilt

I am waiting to get off work (I'm on a boat), to weigh the box truck. Then I can order the 4WD kit through UJOR.

After walking around in the box truck, and doing a lot of head scratching, we think we are going to remove the closet, and put a desk there. That way the wife can work while we are traveling.

FINALLY, the POE injector at Boondocker.io has shipped.

wqfnsskl.jpg

X70mksrl.jpg

It converts 12v to 24v and powers the Starlink satellite dish. And you can use a different router instead of the Starlink one. The router I'm using is ran off USB-C.

7V7MBczl.jpg

PS for it:

SINodO2l.jpg

I will be hard mounting it with a Starmount flush mount.

CaptainBuilt

Interior is put together the best it can be for the trip. The only thing that's not finished is trim and the shower. The toilet is in the shower and it's been working great. Actually, everything has.

Still working on figuring out storage in the box truck, but that will take time once we use it more.

Interior:

WIll have aluminum trim around the steps:

1LaEX1xl.jpg

pYljERGl.jpg

Temp shower door, with toilet inside:

2j5bQEWl.jpg

snlMx5Fl.jpg

St. Augustine, was there 2 days. A very short walk to the beach:

CZgMeNZl.jpg

Harvest Hosts spot in, Savannah, GA.

0QWfnV7l.jpg

Jekyll Island:

hRY5Adyl.jpg

CaptainBuilt

I've been wanting to order a kit from Ujoint, but haven't because I REALLY want a 2024 cutaway chassis.

As some of you know I work offshore. I have 2 weeks left at work, and I knew where there is a 2024 for sale. Today I hit them up, to start the buying process. Knowing I have to take my box off, I wanted to start early.

There's only 8 bolts that hold the box to the chassis. Easy. Lifting it off the frame, no idea how I'm gonna do that yet.

Anyway, I called the dealer, and they said all 2024 E-350 / E-450 / F-650, or anything with the 6R140 in it is on hold, due to a recall.

cNp3WdCl.jpg

CaptainBuilt

Shower framed up, mortar base is down. It looks like a lot of mortar, but it's only 1/4" thick. I am using foam Kerdi Board for the walls and pebble floors. FRP will be glued to the Kerdi board.

A Oatey shower pan liner will go on top of the mortar base. Also insulation!

Also installed the diesel heater. Getting ready for a Denver trip!

cNbI71Vl.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles