2014 F150 brake suggestions

Grassland

My 2014 F150 SCAB 4x4 needs pads all around, as well as rear rotors. Going to change fronts as well while we are at it. My OEM equipment made 90,000 KM, but to be fair the truck had 1500#s in it every day for four years while in fleet duty, plus towing a small trailer.
Looking for suggestions for at least OEM quality, preferably better. Id prefer low dust as well, but if that typically means reduced performance, Ill live with brake dust. The guys in the F150 forum are all trumpeting about the slotted and drilled rotors, but I am not interested in that.
I have BFG KO2 in 34x10.5R17 tires, plus spare, as well as full time run Decked drawers and a LEER 100R or whatever fiberglass canopy, as well as aluminium skids. Truck is a good 500# heavier than stock

ExplorerTom

Explorer
Hawk LTS (if they still make them).

Had a set of EBC Orangestuffs on my Expedition. Very dusty but great grip. Didn’t last cery long- maybe 25k miles. Tend to be squeaky and needed to have the anti squeal putty applied midway through.

Currently running EBC Yellowstuff. So far I like them. Dusty, but not as dusty as the Orangestuff.

D45

Explorer
EBC pads and rotors are junk and overpriced

I ran them on my one ton, didn't last at all

rayra

Expedition Leader
I am having good improved brake performance and insignificant brake wear with a PowerStop upgrade rotor and pad set on my 6000-lb Suburban. Part of that was putting a GMT900 series front brake setup on my GMT800 series Sub, 1" greater diameter rotor / caliper setup. But no discernible wear some 15k mi in.

frontbrakes06.jpg

You can get a complete rotor and pad kit of theirs at rockauto for under $200. Follow their burn-in procedure.
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...brake+&+wheel+hub,rotor+&+brake+pad+kit,13824

Explorerinil

Observer
I got a set of power stop “towing” pads and their drilled and slotted rotors, no dust and the truck stops a ton better than stock. I know your not interested in the drilled and slotted rotors, but consider a set of power stop pads. I have ran hawk pads and EBC in the past, I’ve had good luck with hawk. EBC are good, they wear fast and have allot of dust from my experience. On my wife’s grand Cherokee SRT I put a set of advance auto parts performance pads with life time warranty in the brembo calipers, oddly it stopped way better than the factory brembo pads. We ran it that way for 2 years before we traded it, no issues with the pads and no dust.

Explorerinil

Observer
I am having good improved brake performance and insignificant brake wear with a PowerStop upgrade rotor and pad set on my 6000-lb Suburban. Part of that was putting a GMT900 series front brake setup on my GMT800 series Sub, 1" greater diameter rotor / caliper setup. But no discernible wear some 15k mi in.

frontbrakes06.jpg

You can get a complete rotor and pad kit of theirs at rockauto for under $200. Follow their burn-in procedure.
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...brake+&+wheel+hub,rotor+&+brake+pad+kit,13824
After running power stop on my truck I got to admit, they are probably the best pads and rotors I’ve ever bought.

jbaucom

I'm running PowerStop pads and Bosch coated rotors on our Subaru, and I'm well pleased with the performance. When it's time for brakes on the Sierra, I'll strongly consider PowerStop truck pads (and possibly rotors).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles