2014 badged full AEV build W/extras

jstevens1186

I haven’t decided if I am going to sell yet or not. Im trying to get a feel for what the market will value it at. So I and this guys to give me an idea. It’s full AEV build with every option expect the V8 swap. It even has the 3k AEV leather interior option along with the interior of the hardtop coated Black. I added front and rear after market Yukon drive shafts, it was re-geared at AEV for the 37 inch tires. It has new FOX shocks all the way around and a new set of AEV springs, it was time for new ones with the mileage. It has had every service done at the AEV Jeep dealership along with all recommended services as well. It has Baja design LP9’s on the front bumper, those ran around 1k installed, along with Baja design sp2 pros on the A pillars. It has a Warn synthetic rope winch, KC scene lights all around the CVT Mt. Hood RTT. There is too many things to list off the top of my head the photos show most of it. It has been babied, it’s built for over-landing but most of the trips have been without much off-roading. I’m really OCD so it stays spotless other than when Camping. It currently has 94k miles but will slowly go up as it is my daily driver. There isn’t one single issue with the rig it runs just like it did off the lot. I just want an idea of what it will bring. The only thing I would want besides the AEV is a well kept Toyota Land Cruiser. The AEV was my dream rig other than that. So let me know what you guys think. I am thinking around 42K from what I have seen other rigs priced comparable.

There is an album with all the photos on this link.

FC775D51-C5D4-48C3-AF16-B716FE60EEFF.jpeg

Last edited:

Notafudd

Opinions, I learned long ago, sellers think there stuff is worth 10-20% more than it is and buyers think it’s worth 10-20% less.

ionyota

I don’t know ******** about new Jeeps, but I think ppl are somewhat hesitant to comment on the value of another person’s vehicle.

Although, I’ll admit, we’ve all seen the examples in a sales ad where someone chimes in that it’s priced too rich, or priced too cheap.

Best thing you can do is research it, post a price you’re comfortable with and see what happens. Great time to be selling a nice vehicle, so you already have that in your favor.

Cool rig btw!

Happycoop

Observer
I looked at a full AEV build not long ago, and it was also a 2014 loaded with basically every option. Only had 30k miles on it, and the dealer had it priced at $35k. It didn't sell immediately either; I waited about two weeks before calling and it was still available. That said, it did sell shortly thereafter.

At $42k, you're in brand new base Rubicon pricing (albeit at the low end). I think it would sell, but it might take you a while to find the right buyer who just has to have it.

Just my $0.02

Redline61

Observer
A new JL Rubicon with leather and such is roughly $53k. . If you add a new AEV build (roughly $20k) you are looking at needing $75k to build a new one and then there is the horribleness that is our supply chain right now to deal with. Obviously this is mangos to oranges, but everything is so crazy right now I wouldn't be surprised if your Jeep was worth something with a 4 in front. You'll have to find the right buyer but someone will love it.

Rwatson8

I think youd be below $40k with the new engines and configs of new jeeps and gladiators I really think everyone missed the market to sell their aev builds

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
Take it to Carmax and have them give you an offer. This would be an absolutely lowest price and would also possibly allow you to remove some of the aftermarket items for extra cash. Then I would walk the local dealership and see what they are asking for similar used vehicles. Inventory is low and demand is still there. I’d bet you could easily get your asking price or higher. Most folks don’t have pride in ownership and a clean vehicle should be worth more. Just my 2 cents.

I would also advertise it on the AEV Forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz