2014 4Runner TE "Momma Bear" Build

stringtwelve

Observer
Great build! We just picked up an SR5 (needed the third row). Also looking at the Gobi rack, (who knew these darn kids come with so much stuff!), glad to hear you like it.

Thanks! You won't regret the Gobi.

Nice rig!

Glad you like her!

We were there that same week. We just did the Alpine Loop (Cinnimon/Engineer Passes). Coming from Dallas, 39 degrees and sleet at the top of Engineer Pass was pleasantly shocking.

I'm missing the climate too. It was 106 degrees yesterday... :Wow1:

Love the rig! Sub'd and excited for updates!

Thanks! I'll try and update this more often!

stringtwelve

Observer
The ICONs were a huge improvement over the stock suspension. The nose dive on braking and body roll in corners was dramatically decreased, all without feeling harsh from a stiffer ride. They have truly designed a suspension system WITH a lift. Rather than a "lift kit" which tends to simply raise the vehicle without improving ride quality (in fact they usually make it worse). I can enter a turn on the road with confidence using this suspension, even with a 3.25" overall lift. Not many people can say that. On our recent trip to Colorado with our club I got complaints while leading the pack of Jeeps because I was going too fast for them, both on and off-road. They said they were rolling too hard in the turns on pavement and bouncing themselves to death on the rough trails... so take that for what it's worth. Some of them were running very expensive lifts too.

I've already tested their warranty service with success when one of my rear shocks started leaking fluid. Their turn around time was very quick for the rebuild. I'm a bit disappointed that the shock failed so early, but everyone has a bad apple now and then. I would suggest that you get some type of protection for the rear shock pistons, such as their shields or an aftermarket universal boot since they are really open to the elements and debris.

One issue I'm trying to track down right now is a front end squeak when I'm flexing it out on the trail. I'm being told it's the ball joint on the UCA by several other ICON owners and completely normal... though I'm going to try and quieten it down because it annoys me. Otherwise, it's as quiet as a church mouse on the road.

So to answer your question... would I still recommend and purchase them? Absolutely. Am I 100% satisfied? Not entirely; more like 95%. I think there is room for improvement on the two issue I mentioned above. However, I believe they are the best option out there for the 4Runner right now. You can't beat their warranty plus the fact you can add on options to the system as your wallet recovers. For example; I would love to go to the remote adjustable reservoirs eventually. They make that real easy with their components being individually available.

Glad you like the build! I hope I answered your question... let me know if you have any others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94