2013 Taxa Cricket Advice

goexploreK

I recently saw a 2013 lightly used Taxa Cricket for sale and wondering if anyone has had experience with this model? I have heard here and there that they sometimes have fiberglass cracking issues or popped rivets? I can not find much information out there about earlier models, any advice or experiences would be appreciated.

ottsville

Observer
There's a couple of threads here about them including one rebuild thread.

I have heard of several with cracked frames if I remember correctly.

Jafrench

Observer
Here's my build thread. I've done a few additional things that I haven't documented yet. Had it on some pretty rough trails and it's holding up fine. A few popped rivets here and there.

Happy to answer any specific questions you might have.

dreadlocks

I rented one for the Eclipse, didn't do any off roading in it but was rather underwhelmed given the retail MSRP and weak looking frame, it was in rough shape after just a few years of being a rental on outdoorsey.. If one were cheap enough, and it was intended for road use only.. Mebe it'd be an option.. I ultimately went with Intech, it was cheaper.. had a much better solid aluminum frame, a rear door big enough to use, and dexter torsion axles.

goexploreK

Here's my build thread. I've done a few additional things that I haven't documented yet. Had it on some pretty rough trails and it's holding up fine. A few popped rivets here and there.

Happy to answer any specific questions you might have.
That looks awesome! I did end up buying it and I’m pretty excited to take it out for the first time this weekend. Will let you know if I have any questions as I get more familiar with it and any mods I might want to do.

belloinsella

I rented one for the Eclipse, didn't do any off roading in it but was rather underwhelmed given the retail MSRP and weak looking frame, it was in rough shape after just a few years of being a rental on outdoorsey.. If one were cheap enough, and it was intended for road use only.. Mebe it'd be an option.. I ultimately went with Intech, it was cheaper.. had a much better solid aluminum frame, a rear door big enough to use, and dexter torsion axles.

I wish Intech still made the Explore/Pursue-style trailer that we could stand up in. I know you have the Discoverer. Seems like the only other company making that is Trail Marker Outdoors, but they can't seem to return my phone calls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles