2013 FWC Fleet and 2013 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road Combo in Seattle

nvisse63

Hi there -

My wife and I did a year-long trip around the country in our Four Wheel Camper Fleet and Toyota Tacoma combo (we actually only lived in it half-time, working two weeks on/two off in Alaska) in 2013-2015. We purchased the truck in August, 2013 and picked up the camper in October, 2013. After our travels we drove the camper to Alaska and have lived in Anchorage since. We drove it relatively little in Anchorage, just to get around town and for some good road trips in the summers (when we weren’t backpacking). Recently, we had just shipped the truck/camper to Seattle in May for a summer of camping around the lower 48 when I learned my mom has a brain tumor and ~12 months to live, so we basically moved to Chicago overnight and plan to be here for a while to help take care of her. So the truck/camper is still in Seattle at airport parking, and I’m looking to buy a compact car for downtown Chicago parking instead.

Both the truck and camper are in excellent condition, used but never abused. We did do some 4x4ing, but I was (and still am) a relative newbie and so never did anything that came close to pushing the limits of the equipment. Turn-key ready for your own road-trip adventure without having to go through the hassle of purchasing, ordering, waiting, and setting it all up that we had to go through (it adds up.....). We are clean, no pets, no kids.

I want to sell as a combo to reduce the hassle factor, especially because for 2013+ model year Tacomas, FWC has to install a special kit in the bed of the truck to allow the FWC to be bolted into the bed. See attached documents for a list of packages, accessories, and improvements to both. There is a small dent in the front plastic bumper that could easily be popped out, a small dent in the rain gutter above the FWC door that doesn’t impact its effectiveness, and in 2017 the truck was in a minor parking lot accident where a high school kid turned into our driver side rear quarter panel at low speed (happened to be at REI, quarter panel replaced).

Truck: 2013, white, Access cab, 4x4, TRD off-road package (incl. rear-differential), towing package (incl. oil cooling system), keyless entry, rear slider window for access to the camper, cruise control, 6 cylinder engine, 5 speed automatic. ~70,000 miles on odometer. I made all improvements to the truck recommended by FWC, including: Replaced the stock springs with the Hellwig Toyota Tacoma 5-leaf Spring Pack for FWC (http://www.hellwigproducts.com/new-products/4231/), replaced stock shocks with Bilstein 5100's (http://www.bilsteinus.com/products/truck-off-road/5100-series-lifted-light-trucksuv/), and replaced stock tires to handle the extra weight of the camper and for the off-road capabilities. It now has 5 new’ish tires on, I think I replaced them in 2018 or 2019 again, now with maybe 10,000 miles on them and rotated regularly – I can’t remember exactly what tires they are, but almost positive they are BF Goodrich Rugged Trail T/A E-rated tires. I also just put on new Bilstein 5100 shocks/struts all the way around in prep for our summer travels, and replaced the windshield professionally so there are no rock chips/cracks. I washed/waxed it regularly, and put clearcoat on any minor knicks in the paint on the hood so no rust. All maintenance and oil changes have been performed at Toyota dealerships around the country, with documentation available for everything. I ran the truck through Kelly Blue Book and TRD-Off Road Tacoma’s are going for ~$27,000.

Camper: 2013 Fleet, aluminum side, added extra roof fan (so two total), put in my own premium hand-assembled LifeLine GPL-4CT 6V batteries (http://www.lifelinebatteries.com/rvflyer.php?id=14), installed GS100 solar panel from AM Solar (http://www.amsolar.com/home/amr/page_13_20/gs100_solar_panel.html). See attachment for what we got from the factory. In prep for this trip we had custom seat cushions made by the guys in Anchorage who does all the restaurant upholstery, so they have great lumbar support and are way more comfortable than any other RV seats (only cost us $1,300). I just priced a new one out on FWC and a similar Fleet model would cost $29,000 and wouldn’t be available until ~2022.

Please email me with serious inquiries only (visser.nathan@gmail.com). I will do my best to answer any questions or send additional photos. We are currently in Chicago, but the truck is in Seattle. Asking $50,000 for the pair, which seems like a good deal based on current FWC prices and KBB for Toyota Tacoma’s plus the new tires, shocks, and cushions. I’m happy to meet you in Seattle as soon as this weekend if I’m not working and you’re serious about potentially purchasing. Thanks for looking -

Nate

Attachments

• attachment.pdf
    53.4 KB · Views: 107
  • DSCN3210.JPG
    DSCN3210.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 253
  • DSCN3214.JPG
    DSCN3214.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 260
  • DSCN3220.JPG
    DSCN3220.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 263
  • DSCN3227.JPG
    DSCN3227.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 268
  • DSCN3240.JPG
    DSCN3240.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 317
  • DSCN5704.JPG
    DSCN5704.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 309
  • DSCN5782p.jpg
    DSCN5782p.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 301
  • Solar Panel Receipt.pdf
    157.2 KB · Views: 83

FAW3

Adventurer
Very nice set-up. Sorry for the circumstances of the sale. Good luck and best wishes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94