2013 E350 Electrical issue. HELP NEEDED.

zolo

Explorer
I have a 2013 E350 XLT Super Duty with AdvanceTrac.

The van currently has the following issues.
-No lights inside or out
-No power windows
-No power locks
-No radio
-Shift lock interrupter is not working when brake is applied
-Has Service "Advencetrac" message on dash
-The BRAKE ABS and TRAC lights are all on in the instrument cluster.

Check engine light is on.

Current codes are:
P0155 O2 B2S1 HEATER CIRCUIT
P1288 CHT SENSOR OUT OF SELF TEST RANGE
P1703 BRAKE SWITCH OUT OF SELF TEST RANGE
P1780 TRANS CONTROL SWITCH O/D CIRCUIT OUT OF SELF TEST RANGE
C2806 TRAILER BRAKE OUTPUT CIRCUIT SHORT TO BATTERY VOLTAGE

On the scanner I can see the brake switch working ON and OFF on live data.
Same for Over Drive switch.

My question is does the instrument cluster control the accessory relay?
If the cluster failed could it cause all these issues?

Im at a loss. No fuses are blown and Ive wiggle tested the harness as well as cleaned and re connected all plugs.

Van spent a lot of time in the Atacama Desert and then this issue started when it arrived to the south of Chile.

Ford Chile will not accept the Van to work on it. So no help from Ford.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you, Daniel

Raul

Adventurer
Shooting from the hip here. I had weird issues with my 2000 e150. When applying the brakes, the radio will tun off and loose the presets and few other electric gremlins. It turned out to be the grounding of the dashboard frame. Easy to check, clamp a jumper cable on the frame inside the dashboard and run it to the negative of the battery.

Other than this I got nothing.

zolo

Explorer
Yeah its a tough Diag for me. The van runs perfect. Engine starts strong, runs well.

But just about everything else is not working and the dash is lite up. I've scanned it with a Snap-On Verus which has pretty good info for Ford. What makes me really confused is it has zero ABS or Brake codes besides the switch self test and that is obviously set because whatever is testing it is not able to.
The switch works on the scanner.

I will check grounds. Start from the bottom up.

Len.Barron

Observer
If you have a subscription on AllDataDIY for your rig you can look up "power and ground distribution" electrical diagrams, the ground systems (at least for gm) use "splice packs" where multiple circuits ground at at common connection, if you can match up the systems that are giving you problems you may be able to isolate what ground splice pack they all use.

mgmetalworks

Explorer
Id check connections at the Smart Junction Box. You could also try resetting that module. Download the As-Built data from Motorcraft site.

The SJB is the fuse panel under the dash.

zolo

Explorer
Id check connections at the Smart Junction Box. You could also try resetting that module. Download the As-Built data from Motorcraft site.

The SJB is the fuse panel under the dash.

We did check the fuse box under the dash, removed it cleaned it checked all fuses etc. How would I go about resetting the module tho?

mgmetalworks

Explorer
The SJB is the power distribution and brains of everything except the drivetrain (the PCM handles that). It is not just a fuse panel but also a control module for lights, accessories and more. The module can be reset using Forscan or IDS and possibly some other automotive diagnostic tools. Follow the procedure in the service manual for module reset.

The SJB is not a super robust piece of hardware so excessive heat, moisture, dust, etc... can cause them to fail. It is also not uncommon to see a failure after a good shock load (says "SCRAP IF DROPPED" right on the back). Everything in your list is powered through the SJB so I'd suspect you have a problem with the module.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles