2013 E350 door panels on 2004 E-350

Imbecile

I installed a pair of 2013 door panels on my 2004 E-350. They are so much nicer IMO than the older models. As part of the swap i got a bonus, i now have an auto feature where i press the window down button and the window automatically goes all the way down. Everyone on the other forums said the 2013 switches couldnt be made to work on the older vans "not true".

Last edited:

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
I installed a pair of 2013 door panels on my 2004 E-350. They are so much nicer IMO than the older models. As part of the swap i got a bonus, i now have an auto feature where i press the window down button and the window automatically goes all the way down. Everyone on the other forums said the 2013 switches couldnt be made to work on the older vans "not true".
Here is a link to a short video i made to show that they can be installed with the 2013 switches and have everything functioning properly if you know what your doing.
Cool... it’s good to know it can be done. Mine would be a step more difficult since it doesn’t have power windows. ;)

CaulkinsCo.

I have also been confused about the forum secrets for a while now.

Do I understand correctly that no change is needed for the windows to work?

I added power doors to my 99 from a unknown year donar. windows worked fine but after days of trying on the locks I gave up and added keyless entry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles