2013 Chancho The Tundra

RBear

I bought my 2013 Tundra 4.6 4x4 4 door 2 years ago obviously used from CarMax for 27 K With 37,000 miles

Some of things certain guys might not like vinyl interior no navigation, limited electronic gadgetry is part of what I really liked about it. It’s very easy to clean.

My intent was to have some money left for a lift and bigger tires and that was pretty much it.

More recently I’m looking at doing some trips farther south into Baja and getting the TST into shape for a few further explorations. I had been looking at a Tacoma but at 6 feet tall I just don’t feel comfortable in one. In fact my Tundra was up for sale but my mind has changed for good.

So Far...

I have installed a Fab tech 4-inch lift with coil over and diff kit
Fuel Revolver Wheels
35 inchToyo ATs (BTW they still have lots of tread left and have about 35,000 miles on them)

Aluminess bumper is still in progress as I’m awaiting my lights
Right now as I’m typing I’m putting in an AFE super Stock Dry air filter kit (snake oil maybe lol)

What’s next
GFC camper about December of this year #457 which I found on expedition portal and paid face value for (Thx Matt Burn) What a good guy to not try to up sale his spot
Currently wait time is about September 2020

46 gallon tank INSTALLED

4:88 gears (90% sure) INSTALLED

ARB Locker (maybe) INSTALLED Eaton E locker in rear

Domestic Fridge / Solar system / shower for the old lady / water storage INSTALLED

Keep posting a little at a time going out

Last edited:

VanDominator13

Observer
Lookin good.
I have a 2011 with the 4.6
4:88’s made a HUGE difference in the way the truck drives on and off road. I did an ARB in the front and a LSD in the rear while the gears were being put in. Best modifications I’ve made to the truck after suspension and tires.
Keep up the good work!

RBear

AFE super stock dry filter kit with throttle body spacer added last week
Sounds good, lol and 519530more horse power probably translates to more fuel usage
Ohh well lifetime cleanable filter

RBear

Lookin good.
I have a 2011 with the 4.6
4:88’s made a HUGE difference in the way the truck drives on and off road. I did an ARB in the front and a LSD in the rear while the gears were being put in. Best modifications I’ve made to the truck after suspension and tires.
Keep up the good work!
Oh thx man I appreciate it I’ve really learned a lot on this forum and the tundra forum so trying to give back a little

RBear

Battery up grade and change from batteries plus $350.49 with core return
Group 27F X2
Under warranty until 2024

VanDominator13

Observer
Never a bad idea to upgrade, especially if you plan on going to places without cell coverage or AAA.
Is the AFE CAI carb certified? I had a Volant in my truck and had to swap it back to the stock CAI for a smog check. Not sure if I’m going to put it back in or not.

RBear

I hope so but I’m glad you brought it to my attention
I’m saving my stock stuff Incase it doesn’t pass smog
But I think it is smog A ok for CA
They are out of Riverside Ca
Thx for the info on the gearing
I’m still leaning towards 4.88 and a Arb in the back only but it’s a lot of dinero $$

RBear

Minor deal but something I found of Tundras.com
Heavier duty hold down from a guy in Texas @coupe on Tundras
And GP 6 spot battery terminals that are shown sitting there for scale
Plan on installing soon. Should be nice for adding lights, arb compressor, truck fridge 522542

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne