2013 ATW Mitsubishi 4x4 camper - For sale (Sunshine Coast)

blackhaze

Hi folks,

I've just recently finished a trip around Australia in "Wombat" a 2013 "All Terrain Warriors" 4x4 Mitsubishi Canter - One incredible rig! I've travelled around Australia 3 times over the past decade and this was the best vehicle I've experienced travelling our breath-taking country.

The vehicle was purchased in 2016 as a "15 seater" ATW bus with 12,000km on the Odo - Converted & renovated as a full camper-van fit-out for some serious glamping experiences.

After a year on the road and 30,000km around Australia, it's time to pass on the truck to the next happy camper to travel & enjoy! MR License required (easy to obtain)

Details at: https://www.caravancampingsales.com...e=Spotlight&category=motorhomes-campers&pso=0

== ATW Vehicle ==

* Mitsubishi FG (FGB71) Series 4x4 Truck - 2013 manufacture - 41,780km on ODO - Rego until 23/12/2018. Safety certificate valid to 23/06/2019
* ATW “Mining Bus” Vehicle conversion - Originally a 15 seater bus. All seats removed to create the camper cabin are available and included in the sale.
* Camper Fit-out - Professional camper fit out by a Sunshine Coast Woodsmith - Includes bed, table, storage, kitchen, sink, power and ready to go around Australia without any changes. Camper ready.

== Mechanic Upgrades ==

* ATB HELICAL GEAR LSD - The ATW Auto Torque Biasing (ATB) Helical Gear Limited Slip Differential (LSD) is a direct replacement for the front axle OEM factory ‘open’ differential centres on all Fuso FG
* 24V - RUNVA WINCH - Heavy duty winch for medium-sized trucks. 17500lb Electric Commercial winch with 30m synthetic rope
* New Bull Bar - Custom alloy bull bar fitted for the Run winch.
* Reverse Camera - Front cabin LCD screen for reverse camera mounted on the rear roof

== Comms ==

* NetComm NTC-140W Industrial 3G+4G M2M Router - High-end industrial router, provides 4G+Wifi connectivity for the entire vehicle and accessories.
* 1 x RFI CD7195 - 3G+4G+4GX Bullbar Mobile Antenna - Used for the 4G router to improve coverage
* Digital CB Radio - Stock digital Cb radio provided by the previous owner (mining spec radio)

== Kitchen ==

* SMEV 8000 - 2 Burner Hob With Lid - Gas burner for the kitchen, and LPG bottle fits under in a custom build cabin.
* Sink, Stainless, 600 x 445mm, CRAMER, Glass Lid And Mixer Tap - Sink with tap for cold water. Uses the 2x59L tanks located under the vehicle, and powered by a 12V pump. Hose outlet is located at the rear of the vehicle (pipe to a bucket, or connect to a drain at a caravan park)
* SureFlow 12v water pump - Low wattage water pump
* 2 x 59L water tanks - Located under the rear chassis, with a fill-outlet located near the diesel fuel tank.

== Power ==

* 2 x 135W Solar panels - Projecta SPP135-MC4 135W 12V Polycrystalline Solar Panel w/ MC4 Connectors
* Redarc BCDC1240D DUAL INPUT 40A IN-VEHICLE DC BATTERY CHARGER - 40amp charge from truck while running, and MPPT for solar charging. Truck has ample power and is fully self sufficient with the fridge, power use, TV, etc.
* Custom build steel battery mount - Used to store 2x12V trunk ignition and 2x12V accessories
* 4x12V truck batteries - 2x12V for truck ignition, 2x12V for house battery
* Victron 12V 375W Pure Sine Wave Phoenix Inverter - Used for 240v
* Fridge Engle MT60F - Runs from 12v, ample power to run 24/7
* Samsung Smart TV - Located on sliders in the front wooden-cabin, includes Google Chromecast which can wifi to the 4G router in the car for Netflix, YouTube, etc.

== Misc ==

* 1 x Caframo Sirocco Fan - #1 favourite accessory, creates amazing airflow within the back cabin.
* 3x new windows Flair Enterprises - Replaced rear glass window, with two sliding parts for ventilation. Replaced glass on the cabin door with a slider, and above the fridge another window opens. 4x windows available for air circulation, makes the back very comfortable even in summer!

---

:)

Attachments

• inside-table-up.jpg
    inside-table-up.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 96
  • outside-left.jpg
    outside-left.jpg
    441.5 KB · Views: 93
  • inside-kitchen-up.jpg
    inside-kitchen-up.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 87
  • inside-inbed.jpg
    inside-inbed.jpg
    400.1 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_3279.jpg
    IMG_3279.jpg
    609.9 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_4426.jpg
    IMG_4426.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
The GVM is listed at 10,000KG. Is that correct? If it is, do you have to stop at RTA truck weigh stations?
It is not mentioned in the listing, but I assume that this is one of the FGB71 Canter's that does not have low range. Am I right?

blackhaze

Hi Owen (I've followed your site before for inspiration while kitting out 'wombat' - thx for the tech articles, very helpful! :) )

Your correct, GVM is 6,500 ( GCM is 10,000kg ) - It's also the FGB71 without low-range - Ad updated!

I was pleasantly surprised while going around Australia it handled well with the standard 5-speed manual; obviously the correct tyre pressure was needed for the terrain, and it felt unstoppable (Fraser, West coast and more, never got stuck) - Plus the upgraded LSD for the front definitely helped.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
I am pretty sure that the minimum licence required for that truck is a Light Rigid (LR), not a Medium Rigid (MR), not that it really matters. Most people should already know that anything over 4500KG needs a truck license, not a car licence.
You also mentioned that the truck has a 24v Runva winch, which is a bit surprising, as this is a 12v truck. My apologies for being pedantic, but that's who I am. ;)

I am not surprised that the upgrade to the front diff made a notable difference. I have one for my own truck, but as yet it has not been fitted.
Good luck with your sale... I am sure it will sell quickly.

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Hi Ben.... The truck interior turned out amazing. Looks like your house a bit. John showed a couple of pics on his phone. I like the way you described him as a woodsmith .... some of the jobs that guy does verge on art. I saw him today actually. I think he's filling in for one of our guys for a few weeks.

Good luck with the sale.
Regards John

blackhaze

Hey folks,

Just recently dropped the price on the ATW truck to $105,000 - I've had some solid interest so far, however it's time to handover the truck to the next happy camper! ?

Attachments

• Snapseed.jpg
    Snapseed.jpg
    576.3 KB · Views: 26

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior