2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - AEV, ARB, more

DailyJeep

Adventurer
*** SOLD ***

This ad might cause deja vu. I purchased the Jeep while I was living in Colorado from MTSN. Since moving back to North Carolina, I haven't had the opportunity to use the Jeep for its intended adventure purposes. I've only had it on trails twice, once in CO and once in NC. With that sad realization, I've decided to list it for sale. Ultimately its sale affords (literally) the opportunity for me to get back into a vintage BMW and just keep an old XJ for camping and exploring. I love this Jeep, it just sees too much asphalt and too little dirt. It's home on either surface though.

The basics:
56,0XX miles
Pentastar 3.6 V6
5 spd auto
4.10 gears (max tow package)
heated cloth seats
premium sound package w/ subwoofer
remote start

The additions:
AEV DualSport SC 3.5" lift, bumpstopped and trimmed for 37s in the rear
AEV Onyx Salta wheels with 37" KO2 tires x5
AEV ProCal
AEV 3rd brake light
ARB full width winch bumper
Superwinch 9,500 pound winch with synthetic line
Teraflex HD tire carrier and mount
AEV rear diff cover
JW Speaker Evo J headlights and 6145 fog lights, headlights have European market adjusters so headlights can be aimed on the horizontal as well as vertical
Knock off ARB AR21s on a Rigid harness
Weathertech mats
Outback Adventures Trailgater
M.O.R.E. dead pedal
Tuffy hood lock

Since coming into my possession, I added an Odyssey ODY34R-PC1500T as the OEM battery was on its last leg after 4.5 years.

It's received regular oil changes and tire rotations (tires have approx 15k miles on them based on receipts): last oil change was 1200 miles ago. I just waxed the Jeep and applied Sonax Net Polymer Shield to the hardtop, fender flares, and bumpers. It's amazing stuff with hydrophobic properties few other products offer short of commercial coatings.

The only two other things I've had to recently address are as follows:
I balanced all 5 tires as I had developed a small steering wheel vibration around 52-55 mph; sure enough, one of the front tires was off 3 oz, the remaining 4 were all off an ounce. Vibration solved. Not bad having to balance 37s only once every 15k or so; tire tech also noted he's not seen 37s spin as round as these KO2s.
The Jeep required a new O2 sensor the other week to cure a misfire; Jeep was scanned while misfiring and all readings pointed to the bank 2/1 O2 value out of whack. All diagnosis and replacement performed at Jeep dealer. Since replacement about 400 miles ago, it's been running perfectly and my fuel economy is once again 15.7 to 16.3mpg on an around town mixed tank and 17.5+mpg on the highway at 70+ mph.

I will miss it. It drives great on-road, which is a large reason I purchased it. My wife drove it from CO to NC, putting in a 900 mile day and a 700 mile day, no complaints. It's been purpose built with top quality parts, most of which are barely 2 years old and were installed by a reputable off-road shop in Denver. Happy to give all receipts I have to new owner. Off-road it's pretty much point and shoot, it does most the work for you and makes obstacles deceptively easy.

Price: SOLD

I'm happy to deliver it anywhere in the continental US (we can discuss what that would entail) or assist an out of town buyer picking it up (closest airport is GSO but happy to pickup from CLT or RDU). If you have questions or want additional pictures just let me know.

Full Google photo album, all pictures within the last week: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B__CkzunITBSMnlNYnFFbG0xSUk
Full walk around, exterior/interior/undercarriage/cosmetic imperfections
I apologize for the dog hair, I have a German shorthaired pointer. Their coarse short hair is quite the adversary for a shop vac. I'll include a free roll of masking tape to pull the rest of the hair out! And yes, she only rides in a crate but it gets everywhere.

20170306_153641_zps64wb1d5v.jpg

20170306_153703_zpstq4mcoum.jpg

20170306_153710_zpskgglftft.jpg

20170306_153726_zpsus8hewwh.jpg

20170306_153735_zpsheavlhit.jpg

20170306_153745_zpsed6ipptt.jpg

20170306_151238_zpsuyqy4gep.jpg

20170306_151056_zpszhni0j7g.jpg

Last edited:

MTSN

Explorer
I may be biased, but I think this is one of the best looking Jeeps around :) It drives soooo nice too!

DailyJeep

Adventurer
I'd love to put this in a good ExPo home.

I've located an E30 I'd love to have, but this has to go first!

DailyJeep

Adventurer
Crossed 56k miles, price reduced.

Still happy to deliver and have availability to do so until the 2nd weekend of April.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94