2012+ Wrangler Laptop Mount?

lysol

Explorer
Does no one make a decent laptop mount for the 2012+ Wranglers? RAM makes an awesome base for the 2007-2011 Wranglers, but it's apparently not compatible with the newer models.

RAM '07-'11 base floor plate - http://rammount.com/part/RAM-VB-170

Is there anything else out there? I'm actually curious how "incompatible" the RAM-VB-170 mount is with the new Wranglers. I do have an angle grinder... though no welder... hmm...

Here's a pic I grabbed from Google showing the whole RAM laptop mount kit on the older Wranglers.

project-jk-2007-jeep-wrangler-ram-mount-laptop-mount-installed.jpg

Last edited:

Septu

Explorer
Unless it attaches somewhere to the center console or the dash (and it doesn't look like it does), I would think that it would work.

But unless you're actually mounting a laptop (vs a tablet) that's probably overkill.

lysol

Explorer
Sure looks like it does, which would make sense, as the tub didn't change.
PM Zig, see what he thinks. :beer:

Thanks. Will do.

Unless it attaches somewhere to the center console or the dash (and it doesn't look like it does), I would think that it would work.

But unless you're actually mounting a laptop (vs a tablet) that's probably overkill.

I'm actually wanting to purchase the base, 3-arm telescoping pole, and tablet/pc mount separately. I'm looking at the X-Grip to mount my Surface. I'm actually looking at getting the pole quick disconnect as well so I can remove it on the fly.

zigsrig

Adventurer
You rang:sombrero:

I used one in my '14 for about 18 months. I recently removed it, as now I only use an iPad mini for my navigation/communication needs.

PM me if you are interested in it. Its a heavy guy, so shipping might be a pain. But as of now, its just sitting in my garage.

worked GREAT for my iPad that i had mounted to it. never used it for a laptop, but i would think it would do the job nicely!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior