2012 Rubicon Unlimited cb install

blackmonte

Observer
2012 cb install
Hello all, Just installed my Cobra 18 wx st II. Fits perfect but had to make a small notch in console to bring it closer to passenger side . Aslo used Cool Teck Versa Mount 2 , and the Gate mount . Overall very happy. One thing i didnt like was the Gate mount installed the antenna hits the tire and bends it a bit.
cb install1.jpgcb install2.jpgcb install3.jpgcb install4.jpgcb install5.jpgRubi.jpg

BigAl

Expedition Leader
I have been using that radio for a while. I have had good luck with it. Mine receives from miles away

montyjk

thanks for posting this. finally i'm feeling motivated to get my antenna setup. long over due for sure.

Frank

Explorer
I miss mine. Mine was peak and tuned by cb world combined with a fire stick.

I just started a new cb install today in my xj. It's a totally reworked cobra 29. I hope to get about 200w out of it by the time it's all said and done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BrettDez

Overland Explorer
I installed the exact same CB in my 2012 JK as well. However, mine is mounted along the side of the console next to the Transfer Case shifter and the driver's legs. It doesn't protrude into my leg room at all. If people need alot of width for their legs then they may not like it, but I love it. Looks like it belongs there and all wires are hidden. Below are the pictures. I just drilled into the side of the console with self-tapping wide-threaded screws.

The OP's method wouldn't have worked with my shifter.

CB 1 of 2.JPGCB 2 of 2.jpg

Sorry they are sideways....lol

Zaskar

Yeah with a stick there isnt the same amount of room . Any interference issues with your radio? I did a ground from the tailgate to body on mine , still have some interference

I replaced the head unit in my JKU with a sony bluetooth streaming radio and stacked the same cb underneath. I think it came out well

422792_3212289583588_1156712319_33395808_1715049122_n.jpg

Not at all the cb is 1/8th of an inch narrower than 1Din and is same height so I just stacked them in the 2 din hole and put the buss module and steering wheel controls behind the cb which is not as deep as the radio

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94