2012 Overland adventure..... family style

TexasD-90

Adventurer
I have been going through all of our pictures and our journal for a couple of days, and I am about ready to start on a trip report. I think the coolest thing about this community is reading everyones stories. I like seeing the world as other people view it through their pictures and words. Everyone seems to get a little something different out of traveling. I am not a writer nor am I a photographer, so don't expect too much. I will do my best to keep the words few and the pictures many. I just wanted to get a little intro going today because we haven't made it through all the pictures ourselves yet.

On July 22, my wife, 2 year old son and 3.5 year old daughter and I loaded up in our land cruiser and headed north to get out of the Texas heat. We had 3 weeks to travel through Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Oregon, Nevada and Utah. We would pass through New Mexico and Colorado, but since those are the two stated we always travel to we blew through them as fast as the cruiser could carry us (which isn't very fast).

I hope to have this going here in the next few days, but for a starter...

Attachments

• trip01.jpg
    trip01.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 11
  • trip05.jpg
    trip05.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 6
  • trip07.jpg
    trip07.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 7
  • trip08.jpg
    trip08.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 8
  • trip11.jpg
    trip11.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 9
  • trip22.jpg
    trip22.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 5
  • trip59.jpg
    trip59.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 7
  • trip60.jpg
    trip60.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 7
  • trip23.jpg
    trip23.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 13

jronwood

Adventurer
I like the cattle guard at the Nevada border, reminds me of a sign we photo'ed years ago "Livestock at large" when out West.....

Jronwood

Derek24

Explorer
Very nice! I did about them same trip, but in 9 days. Wish I had 3 weeks because you could spend that amount of time just in Idaho!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior