2012 LR4 Build Thread

Timbo FJ45

Observer
I don't have any rubbing issues with the coolant bottle in the ARB bumper location with my 33s, but I'm running an LR3 so it may be slightly different (?) on your LR4.

I did have to do a little judicious trimming of the front inner fender liners, but I just took an air saw and buzzed off whatever seemed to be in the way. Not all that much really and there's still pretty good coverage to keep most of the mud out.

My buddy is working on fitting 35s to his LR3 coiler, but he's getting pretty agressive with the cutting tools. I don't think I'll be going any bigger on my rig, particularly give I can't find any gear options for it.

Thanks Don, this has been very helpful. I ordered some 5/8 inch heater hose and see if I can take care of it over the weekend.

Timbo FJ45

Observer
A few photos from last weekend. I moved the coolant lines from the right front wheel well so we could cut the frame horn back a bit more. We will do that next week. Pulled the lines inside the frame rails and drained the fluid. Maybe about 1 gallon or so. Not to bad. Then cut the aluminum lines and replaced them with 5/8 heater hose and ran them out of the way. I only cut about a foot and a half off the aluminum lines and replace with the hose. The first cut being inside the fender well and the other just behind the finder wheel along the frame rail. After we cut back the frame horns the right side should be fine. Still dealing with the left side. I need to move the washer reservoir a half inch forward or maybe up? Has anyone had to deal with this? IMG_9945.jpgIMG_9949.jpgIMG_9950.jpg

Draining the coolant from the section of the aluminum lines where there is a small section of rubber line towards the back. From some research it looked like a few people ran heater hose all the way back to this point. I decided not to.

Attachments

• IMG_9948.jpg
    IMG_9948.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_9946.jpg
    IMG_9946.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 121

roverpat

Observer
I run the green oval rods which allows me to run stock height/settings until I need a lift. It does require manually moving the rods into the "lift" position which takes about 3-5 min at the trail head but since our LR4 is my wife's DD it works for us.

The Green Oval Rods are awesome. Easy install and east to make the adjustments. Best mod on LR3 so far.

Timbo FJ45

Observer
Photos from Mount Taylor New Mexico last weekend.

Attachments

• DSC_0905-2.jpg
    DSC_0905-2.jpg
    578.6 KB · Views: 153
  • DSC_0906.jpg
    DSC_0906.jpg
    667.7 KB · Views: 156
  • DSC_0995.jpg
    DSC_0995.jpg
    732.1 KB · Views: 142

99Discovery

Adventurer
Gorgeous LR4. It's amazing what a bumper, tires, and a rack does for that timeless profile. It's a shame Rover went away from it instead of building upon it with the Disco 5.

amcjen

Gorgeous LR4. It's amazing what a bumper, tires, and a rack does for that timeless profile. It's a shame Rover went away from it instead of building upon it with the Disco 5.

Could not agree more about the timeless profile. I own a 2005 LR3 SE with the HD package and considered moving to an LR4 with lower mileage just to keep the truck profile for as long as possible.

Great build! At one point I wanted to upgrade to the LR4 and then realized it would just be another set of challenges to get to where I want to be so I decided to rip my LR3 apart and keep it until after the apocalypse!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94