2012 LR4 Build Thread

Ray_G

Explorer
Nice This one just happens to be for sale.

I will selectively choose to not pass that info along lest we find ourselves buying another truck-the upside is right now she's knee deep in a PhD program and thus doesn't have the mental bandwidth to really deal with a new Rover.

Your truck is looking fantastic. If I may be so bold as to suggest with the way it is going black you might want to consider the small & fairly cheap switch of your side markers to something like these: https://www.amazon.com/Range-Rover-Sport-Marker-Lights/dp/B00J3LTMHE

With the color of the truck and now the wheels and such the tinted markers may blend better overall with the look-but I'm biased (and vain!).
r-
Ray

Timbo FJ45

Observer
I will selectively choose to not pass that info along lest we find ourselves buying another truck-the upside is right now she's knee deep in a PhD program and thus doesn't have the mental bandwidth to really deal with a new Rover.

Your truck is looking fantastic. If I may be so bold as to suggest with the way it is going black you might want to consider the small & fairly cheap switch of your side markers to something like these: https://www.amazon.com/Range-Rover-Sport-Marker-Lights/dp/B00J3LTMHE

With the color of the truck and now the wheels and such the tinted markers may blend better overall with the look-but I'm biased (and vain!).
r-
Ray

I hear ya.

Thanks. And thanks for the link. That is super cool. I thing those would look killer. Going to have to do that.

Bama4door

Observer
Did you trim the frame horns back on each side and move the front part of the fender liner up? I only run 285/65's, but the worst part of the rubbing for me is turning in reverse (mine only has ~2" lift in front). Curious if you were able to avoid this or if some rubbing is still there.

Timbo FJ45

Observer
Get any chance to flex her yet?

How are the 33's as a DD?

Have not had a chance yet. Still working on a few places its rubbing. Once that is done, it should be great. Very smooth and comfortable. I think those tall side walls on the tires help with the smoother ride.

Timbo FJ45

Observer
Did you trim the frame horns back on each side and move the front part of the fender liner up? I only run 285/65's, but the worst part of the rubbing for me is turning in reverse (mine only has ~2" lift in front). Curious if you were able to avoid this or if some rubbing is still there.

We did trim the frame horns on each side and trim some of the fender liner down low where we could see it was rubbing. We also trimmed back the lower flashing of the ARB bumper. Just two more places we need to deal with are the windshield washer reservoir needs to move up or forward about half an inch. Also on the right side it would be nice to deal with the aluminum (AC?) tubes some how.

Last edited:

zelatore

Explorer
The AC tubes are pretty easy to deal with. On mine I was able to bend them around out of the way, but you are likely to Crack them in the process. The good news it you can just replace them with 5/8 heater hose and route them anywhere you want. If you follow the hard lines you'll find joints where you can make the transition to the new heater hose easily.

zelatore

Explorer
I should mention just in case some don't know, the aluminum lines behind the plastic fender liner on the right side are just coolant lines for the rear HVAC. You will spill a little coolant when you open them but it's a pretty straight forward job.

Timbo FJ45

Observer
I should mention just in case some don't know, the aluminum lines behind the plastic fender liner on the right side are just coolant lines for the rear HVAC. You will spill a little coolant when you open them but it's a pretty straight forward job.

Thank you Don. That is great information. Any ideas with the washer fluid tank in the front left bumper area? We were thinking of building a new bracket but maybe there is a better idea?

zelatore

Explorer
Thank you Don. That is great information. Any ideas with the washer fluid tank in the front left bumper area? We were thinking of building a new bracket but maybe there is a better idea?

I don't have any rubbing issues with the coolant bottle in the ARB bumper location with my 33s, but I'm running an LR3 so it may be slightly different (?) on your LR4.

I did have to do a little judicious trimming of the front inner fender liners, but I just took an air saw and buzzed off whatever seemed to be in the way. Not all that much really and there's still pretty good coverage to keep most of the mud out.

My buddy is working on fitting 35s to his LR3 coiler, but he's getting pretty agressive with the cutting tools. I don't think I'll be going any bigger on my rig, particularly give I can't find any gear options for it.

MrWesson

Adventurer
I love the EAS too much to go to coils. Passengers and especially jeep guys who off road with me are downright shocked at how nice the ride is. One guy jokes that the pavement just changes colors in my truck. And it tows like a dream.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior