2012 JKU - What should I do with this? Camper? or 1/2 Cab? So Many Choices...help!

wheelie

Wheelie
Recently ran across this JKU, couldn't pass it up.

120k, runs perfect.

Previous owner decided to see if the JK could do a gymnastics routine. NOPE!

I have owned a few SMB's & current projects include remodeling 2 Tiger CX's.

Anyone have any big ideas that they would like to share?

More than likely I would just enclose this to a 1/2 cab and use it as a daily beater.

Thoughts:

* Pick up style, with a roof top tent mount.
* Find pop up to fit in the bed?
* Flatbed the thing and mount a camper.
* Cut & Modify an old Wildernest?
* Cut up and re-work a Flippac?

Septu

Explorer
Flat bedding it would leave you with a damn short flat bed. However a pop top would be awesome if there was a way to make it work while still keeping it a "jeep" or at least jeep ish.

puravida73

Observer
Call Jessie at Rubitrux in Boone, NC and get a flat floor kit and ask about their beach buggy too.

Great looking project! Great color too

Last edited:

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
No question. Truck! most of the work is already done. just get the kit from Tflex and give r!

wheelie

Wheelie
x2 for this idea

Or this.

If you do not mind me asking, how did you pick this up? Through a junk yard?

A jeep buddy bought it from the original owner. Had liability coverage only. I purchased I t from him. (He's a dealer)
Paid a little more than I wanted to, but all within budget. And to have a 12 JKU for what I have into it.....is a rarity.

puravida73

Observer
keep those freedom panels! You might be able craft a j8 style roll bar by taking a 2-door roll bar back half and marrying it to a JKUR roll bar front half

wheelie

Wheelie
keep those freedom panels! You might be able craft a j8 style roll bar by taking a 2-door roll bar back half and marrying it to a JKUR roll bar front half

That's exactly what I am looking for. Trying to locate Jk 2dr to use the parts.
My B-pillars are a little tweaked, so this is more than likely the path I will take with it.

JK & JKU parts forward of the B-pillar are identical.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles