SOLD - 2012 GMC Savana 3500 Safari Condo LSX Custom

Condor12

The time has come to sell our beloved rolling home. We’ve just returned from 10 months in South America (www.300dayssouth.com) and will stand by the reliability and versatility of this machine. It started life as a humble Safari Condo LSX but with some choice modifications it has earned its place as a proper Overlanding rig. It seats 6 with shoulder belts and sleeps 4 comfortably in two double beds. This B-class camper actually has the space for up to 4 people to spread out. It will cruise comfortably all day on the highway, or it will happily climb off-road tracks to find your remote paradise.

GMC Savana 3500, 140,000km (87,000mi), Vortec 4.8L V8, 285hp, 6-speed automatic, 15.6L/100km, 100L fuel tank, disc brakes, ABS, Stabilitrak traction control, front air bags, AC, power windows & locks, Kenwood 6” touch screen stereo, rear view camera, Bluetooth, USB and Aux inputs, 145A alternator, Optima gel cell starter battery.

BFG All-Terrain KO2 tires (two brand new!), Bilstein 5100 shock absorbers, 3” spring lift, Aluminess rear bumper with dual swing arms, galley box with cargo rails, shovel and ax mount, steel front bush guard, front LED driving lights, rear LED work lights, Fiamma awning.

180W solar panels, Sun Saver solar charge controller, twin 6V AGM auxiliary batteries (brand new!), Tripp Lite 1500W inverter/charger, Nova Kool 12V refrigerator, 2-burner stove, furnace, hot water tank, 55L potable water tank, 46L grey water tank, rear outdoor shower with privacy curtain, LED interior lights, blackout curtains, Thetford cartridge toilet with power flush, 20L fixed propane tank, smoke/CO/HC alarms, under-seat lock box, Fan-tastic roof vent fan, side door bug screen, swiveling captains chairs, front 4-person table, rear 2-person table.

Including many spare parts; ball joints, tie rod, belt, plugs, lights etc. Rear brake pads, rotor and engine oil freshly changed.

Willing to include other items such as; water filtration system, jerry cans, 12V vacuum, memory foam mattress topper, shovel etc.

This van can do it all. Don’t hesitate. Your adventure awaits!

Now asking only $47,000 USD
Located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada

No trades. Serious enquiries only please. More photos available by request.

www.300dayssouth.com

Last edited:

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Try also posting this for free on the Sportsmobile Forum....there’s someone there looking for a camper van that seats and belts four.

Good luck....beautiful conversion!

Condor12

Post bump. This magnificent van is out of winter storage and still for sale! Please contact us with any questions.
We have a Carproof (Aug 2018) and a US Compliance letter from GM (vehicle only needs a passenger airbag decal to be US compliant).

Condor12

Correct, it is 2WD.
However that fact has never stopped it from accessing some of the most amazing and remote locations in North and South America!

Condor12

PRICE DROP!!!
Now asking $47,000 USD.
No modifications necessary to import into the USA (only an airbag warning sticker needed). Will deliver to the US/Canada border within reasonable distance from Calgary, Alberta.
Please feel free to PM me for additional pictures or questions or carfax.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Such a nice looking build on this rig.

Three Q’s:

1. What’s the total wet weight of this rig, and how does that compare to the GVWR? I see it’s a one ton chassis so perhaps there’s no problem with that weight other than engine power issues, which brings me to ...

2. How well has that small V-8 done powering you up those Alberta Rocky Mountain passes, and cruising at highway speeds? I had an ‘04 Chevy 3500 van with the big 6.0 gasser and it was a beast! I’d have to think that your rig, loaded with grey water, drinking water and that huge gas tank, plus gear and 6 people, would have to be struggling on the uphills or maintaining highway speeds, but then again I have no experience with the 4.8 motor.

3. What’s here? (Water tank? pooper?)

Thx.

Condor12

Hey there, good questions.

1. The weight of the vehicle is listed by the manufacturer as 2,540 kg (5,600 lb), the GVWR is 4,354 kg (9,600 lb). Yes, it is on a the beefy 1-ton GM chassis and it is rolling on 'E' load rating tires.

2. I've never had complaints about the available power. It won't be accused of being over-powered, but it does not have difficulty maintaining highway speed up the mountain passes and it capable of passing slower vehicles when called upon. It also has a manual shift mode that, if used intelligently, will assist with hills/passing and also works great for grade braking. All-in-all, I think the engine size delivers a good balance of power and economy.

3. Yes, that's the cartridge toilet under a leather cover. It is mounted to a locking slider and will move towards the front of the van to make way for the lower bed to fold out. It is a power flushing Thetford and we are very happy with it.

I hope that answers your questions!
Rob

Such a nice looking build on this rig.

Three Q’s:

1. What’s the total wet weight of this rig, and how does that compare to the GVWR? I see it’s a one ton chassis so perhaps there’s no problem with that weight other than engine power issues, which brings me to ...

2. How well has that small V-8 done powering you up those Alberta Rocky Mountain passes, and cruising at highway speeds? I had an ‘04 Chevy 3500 van with the big 6.0 gasser and it was a beast! I’d have to think that your rig, loaded with grey water, drinking water and that huge gas tank, plus gear and 6 people, would have to be struggling on the uphills or maintaining highway speeds, but then again I have no experience with the 4.8 motor.

3. What’s here? (Water tank? pooper?)
View attachment 520822

Thx.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior