2012 Chevy Express 2500 4x4 camper van - SOLD

Chamoisbutt'r

***SOLD***

There is a lot going on here, in a small platform. Built for 4 season use, focusing on ski and mountain bike adventures.

2012 Chevy Express 2500 SWB passenger van converted to a 4x4
57,000 miles V8 (miles will continue to go up)
Conversion basically uses all GM parts and a torsion bar lift
In general, the van is very mechanically sound. Everything is in good to excellent condition.

Some key notes

Insulated for winter use
Webasto air top heater that runs off of the gas tank
Dometic CFX-50 12v cooler
Fiamma awning
200 watt/200AH solar system mppt charge controller
1000W inverter - two AC outlets
Plenty of 12v outlets for charging
LED lights in cabin and garage area
Maxxair Fan
Dometic cassette toilet
Passenger swivel seat
Storage for two mtb bikes and skis inside the van
Bluetooth head unit and backup camera
12gallons of fresh water capacity
Manual marine faucet, works great not a cheap one
Use a standard Coleman grill with 1 pound tanks. Storage inside. Prefer to cook outside when available.
Aluminess spare tire rack (identical spare tire)
Aluminess side ladder
Yakima roof basket/rack
17" Fuel Krank Wheels
265/70/17 BF KO2 with less than 10,000miles on them. Rotated once already.
Bed platform 60in X 69in or cushion extenders for 60x87

Clean/Clear Title in hand.

The bad: there isn't much, a few paint chips in spots, currently the dimmer light is not wired in (was going to purchase a different type of switch), tire light indicator is on (wheels/tires do not have air pressure sensors).

Asking Price is $62,500. Open to offers and the price police as well. Craigslist ad has more pictures

2436DBCB-5C84-469F-A061-3FF97A26EE55.jpeg

Last edited:

Chamoisbutt'r

Wow, clean set up. Why are you selling?

Main reason, would be space. Two people and two full size dogs, it's a little tight. In addition, I'm just looking for a new project. Figured I would flip this, and start a new van project.

Last edited:

izdabess

I'm new to this and wondering how the price would be broken down? Say in like vehicle, 4x4 conversion and camper conversion price categories? Thanks!

Reactions: zip

zip

I prefer social distancing.
I'm new to this and wondering how the price would be broken down? Say in like vehicle, 4x4 conversion and camper conversion price categories? Thanks!

Wasn't trying to give a "Like". Fat fingers on an iPhone.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Wasn't trying to give a "Like". Fat fingers on an iPhone.
go back to that “like“, hit it again, it’ll disappear

but fwiw, I do really “like” this van build....Sweeeeeeet!

Last edited:

Chamoisbutt'r

This comes with some time and researching different vehicles and options. But what it is worth a 4x4 conversion for a van could cost you $15-25K. Hope this helps

Texas Aggie

Observer
Nice van and impressive build. I've got a 2WD extended wheelbase with the same top on it. Before I built mine (not nearly as complete as this) I might've questioned the asking price. After doing a fairly straightforward build, I'll never question the price on a full custom build again. Until you've done one, it's hard to appreciate how much time is needed for every little thing. I also wanted to ask about your swivel seat base. The only one I've found is https://www.discountvantruck.com/rvvanseatbases/rvvanchevyswivels.htm and I've heard mixed reviews. It sounds like it's a decent starting point, but requires some mods to make it work well. Just curious what you're using and how you like it. Good luck with the sale.

Last edited:

Chamoisbutt'r

Nice van and impressive build. I've got a 2WD extended wheelbase with the same top on it. Before I built mine (not nearly as complete as this) I might've questioned the asking price. After doing a fairly straightforward build, I'll never question the price on a full custom build again. Until you've done one, it's hard to appreciate how much time is needed for every little thing. I also wanted to ask about your swivel seat base. The only one I've found is https://www.discountvantruck.com/rvvanseatbases/rvvanchevyswivels.htm and I've heard mixed reviews. It sounds like it's a decent starting point, but requires some mods to make it work well. Just curious what you're using and how you like it. Good luck with the sale.

Thanks for the replay. I would love some more comments on the price, and totally open to offers. It appears camper vans are just sooo randomly priced. I know some think is it maybe pricey, but I thought due to it's mileage, how clean it is, and the 4x4 really added some value. A similar age 4x4 cargo van with no camper conversion with 155K miles on it, I have seen advertised for $20+k. Its just all over the place, and it's really only worth what someone will pay for it tho....

Yes, that is the swivel seat I have, wish there was more options. I didn't have to make any mod for it to work. It did develop a little more play in it after time, and it can make some noise while driving. This bothers me sometimes, and anyone else in the van doesn't notice it. My girlfriend thinks i'm nuts.....LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles