2011 V strom 650, fuel injected fun!

coachchuck

Observer
quick update, super happy with the bike, got a radiator guard and a center stand installed now, also have a battery monitor and a light bar to go on when i get the time.

Do I need a radiator guard? I figured with the bash plate and the fender the radiator would be safe.
I plan on riding a lot of gravel this summer.
I figure I don't need it for my daily commute.

Thanks

Do I need a radiator guard? I figured with the bash plate and the fender the radiator would be safe.
I plan on riding a lot of gravel this summer.
I figure I don't need it for my daily commute.

Thanks

The radiator is in a precarious position. I like the engine guards (SWM) on mine to protect the radiator. They saved it once when I went over in traffic on my way to work two summers ago.

Cody1771

Explorer
so, due to the loss of a vehicle it looks like me and Ally will be going 2-up down to baja on the Bike. this should be intresting, good thing we have my good friend mark with a spare seat in his Jeep for those times my lovely wife wants a change of view.

so in an attempt to get it "Baja Ready" first thing on the list was tires... and this is what i got!!

6723484909_90770455d5.jpg

Hiedenau K60 DS tires. these things have rave reviews for excellent traction and amazing service life. perfect for long distance trips.

they have some deep tread!

Rear;

6723486339_cbb33164ed_z.jpg

Front;

6723487911_01c769dd5a_z.jpg

unfortunately i didn't have time to get them installed on the bike due to this nasty blizzard. the bike is locked up in heated storage until it passes (which may end up being until march before we leave due to me going back to work)

so i was thinking of doing to san diago on the street tires then switching to the K60's while we wait for my wifes plane to get in. but i might just do it the thursday before we leave, along with fluid changes.

next on the list... a good tank bag.

sandalscout

Adventurer
Check out the GiantLoop bags, a black one would look good on your bike, I think. I LOVE my Diablo, simply and robust. The Fandango would likely be a good fit for the Strom.

old1959

Nice bike and you are really moving out on the mods. I have an 07 wee and love; perfect all around machine for touring with the wife or riding the dirt road. Check out Stromtrooper.com for maintenance tips and advice when the time comes. Enjoy.

zolo

Explorer
Love your bike, It looks great. Let us know how the tires do.
Im in for a new set soon myself.
Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94