2011 V strom 650, fuel injected fun!

Cody1771

Explorer
The more i ride this thing the more i love it, but i'm finding that im doing harder and harder trails on it... might be time to upgrade to a more dirt friendly bike, i don't want to go heavier so im currently considering a DR650 but i think the power downgrade might bug me so im looking at a KTM 690 as well

8098156119_610735600f_c.jpg

Cody1771

Explorer
Bit of a shameless Plug but i am raising money for the VI Ride for the cure, a prostate cancer fundraiser which the funds go directly to the Vancouver Island Prostate Center. It's an important issue for me as my family has gone through enough crap with cancer. If you can afford it please donate to the cause, the money goes directly to the cause, last year over $180K was raised at this event.

https://www.gifttool.com/athon/MyFundraisingPage?ID=1810&AID=2271&PID=340855&Preview=Y

Cody1771

Explorer
yeah it's a fun bike for sure and it makes a great mule, if your planning on doing much more than forest service roads the lack of ground clearance, low travel from fork, and weight can be problematic, but that just gives you an excuse to get a dirtbike for the "trial days" heh

Cody1771

Explorer
Bit of a shameless Plug but i am raising money for the VI Ride for the cure, a prostate cancer fundraiser which the funds go directly to the Vancouver Island Prostate Center. It's an important issue for me as my family has gone through enough crap with cancer. If you can afford it please donate to the cause, the money goes directly to the cause, last year over $180K was raised at this event.

https://www.gifttool.com/athon/MyFundraisingPage?ID=1810&AID=2271&PID=340855&Preview=Y

the ride was a sucess! raised $605 and the whole group raised over $80000 for the centre!

Cody1771

Explorer
So, i've made a big decision in my life this week. after 2 years of trusty service the Vstrom is going back to the dealership. i was offered a trade in for basically what i could sell it for on craigslist and have been wanting to get a "lighter" "faster" dual sport bike, so i pulled the trigger on a 2014 WR250R, it is going to take a week or 2 to order in, but am looking forward to another chapter in my adventure riding lifestyle!

805gregg

Adventurer
damnit... i guess im in the search for some new side cases. royally crushed one today... and a skidplate... and possibly some paint if i want to go that far. thinking the Pelican 1550`s. video to follow once done editing/posting

7592636440_3fa77540df_z.jpg

If they are aluminum just pound them straight, I had Tourtech zegas on my DL1000, ran into the back of a KTM950 that stopped for no reason in the sand right in front of me, bent the crap out of it, I just got a sledge hammer pounded it out and it was fine the lid even sealed

805gregg

Adventurer
The more i ride this thing the more i love it, but i'm finding that im doing harder and harder trails on it... might be time to upgrade to a more dirt friendly bike, i don't want to go heavier so im currently considering a DR650 but i think the power downgrade might bug me so im looking at a KTM 690 as well

8098156119_610735600f_c.jpg

The 690 has no subframe to carry panniers and the gas tank is in the rear under any luggage you have on, they need 91 octane and with water cooling and fuel injection are very complicated, how about a DR650 great for most conditions, simple air cooled and carb,tons of aftermarket parts, (mine is now a 790) cheap to buy cheap to own

805gregg

Adventurer
I rode my DR to Copper Canyon in Mex with 2 WR's, good for shorter, smaller rider, plan on shifting a lot and at highway speeds heading toward their max RPM which is 11,500, how long do you think a motor running at over 9000 RPM will last

Cody1771

Explorer
I rode my DR to Copper Canyon in Mex with 2 WR's, good for shorter, smaller rider, plan on shifting a lot and at highway speeds heading toward their max RPM which is 11,500, how long do you think a motor running at over 9000 RPM will last

99% of my riding is within 100km of my house, and i want something i can take on tight trails. and how do you figure they are for shorter smaller riders? it is over 6" taller at the seat than my Strom?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles