2011 nissan frontier pro4x mild expedition build

Mo4130

Adventurer
Yes I am a member of clubfrontier under the same name.

Right now I am figuring out if I need new upper control arms with Ome hd springs. I don't think so.

DesertFront

CONFUSED!
Nice Front. Have you looked at PRG Products or Nisstec for lifts?

When you first start driving Frontiers, you like them, but then after that they really start to grow on you. I'm getting a new truck soon, there's no question in my mind what truck to get, it's rather a question of if I need the Pro 4x package or will the SV DO.

Mo4130

Adventurer
Well I liked the pro 4 for the fact that it had a locker and also 16 in rims. Much cheaper tires. Even though they are not thick the stock skids will hold up fine for what I will use em for.

Mo4130

Adventurer
Well I just finished a cross country trek to the west coast. And the truck performed admirably especially with it being loaded up over 400 lbs over the recommended weight :x. I will be slowly updating pictures when I actually get my house set back up.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Well I just finished a cross country trek to the west coast. And the truck performed admirably especially with it being loaded up over 400 lbs over the recommended weight :x. I will be slowly updating pictures when I actually get my house set back up.

Looking forward to it!

Mo4130

Adventurer
Update. Ome kit ordered. Full md leafs and hd fronts. Greaseble shackles the whole nine. Arb bull bar and some stainless steel brake lines.

My question is for winches. It almost looks cheaper to buy a m8000 wire rope version and replace it with a synthetic?

Also stay tuned for my storage solutions, dual batt setup, awning and fridge install.

Kuma632

Observer
Really looking forward to seeing this build come along!
That's a nice truck cap. I am leaning towards the Leer.
How do you like it? And the windoors?
~Thx

Mo4130

Adventurer
The leer cap was worth its weight in gold when i moved cross country, and to be honest has made the back of the truck so much more useful. I was orginally worried that it was going to take away some functionality, but in all reality it has been phenomninal for trips to the dump and camping trips because you just leave it in there and lock it. Windoors definatly worth the extra cash, i almost wish i got them on both sides.

stolenheron

Explorer
nice build. I'd love to run that exact OME suspension setup in mine. OME/ARB treated my rover right, i'm sure it would do the same for your frontier too, good choice.

Mo4130

Adventurer
I just got word that my lift kit is waiting at the house, and my bumper is going to be there on tuesday. I am looking forward to starting the work when i get back from back east. One question I have is will a zeon winch fit on the arb bumper? I read from ARB that all you need is a fitment kit and a relocation kit for the control box.

Mo4130

Adventurer
I'm am BM on an 87 down in port Angeles. Good to meet fellow coasties!

Anyways some parts showed up yesterday! image.jpg image.jpg

After going back Nd forth and up and down, I finally settled on a regular old warn m8000. The extra 300 or so for the synthetic and 85 for the hawse relocation bracket made it a pretty easy choice. I know people rant and rave about the safety or new synth rope but I'll follow my old montra that has served me well, don't be an idiot.

Mako1114

Adventurer
I'm am BM on an 87 down in port Angeles. Good to meet fellow coasties!

Anyways some parts showed up yesterday! View attachment 199557 View attachment 199556

After going back Nd forth and up and down, I finally settled on a regular old warn m8000. The extra 300 or so for the synthetic and 85 for the hawse relocation bracket made it a pretty easy choice. I know people rant and rave about the safety or new synth rope but I'll follow my old montra that has served me well, don't be an idiot.

I am pretty sure your ARB bar was designed around the M8000 although the Zeon will fit with a kit. When I was winch shopping I recall seeing M8000's for the same price as the foreign made VR8000 which I thought was odd. I have a Titan Pro-4x with ARB bull bar and went with an M12000 which I believe was the smallest winch that ARB recommended for the Titan application.

Your Fronty is going to be great with the new mods and I look forward to seeing it.

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles