2011 nissan frontier pro4x mild expedition build

Mo4130

Adventurer
mo4130,
do you feel that the HD fronts give you enough lift for the ARB and winch? I have an '11 pro-4x as well, and I cannot decide if I want to get the full OME kit, because as you have stated, and I have personally experienced on my old Taco, OME is tried and true; on the flip side of that, the Radflo's are fully adjustable and rebuildable for only a few more $$$. Any thoughts? I'm going to get the full OME leaf pack, as I too have a LEER shell, and I often tow my pop-up camper, I'm just having a tough time deciding on the front suspension. Also, where did you order your lift/bar/winch from?

Thanks!

It really depends what your end goal is. Adjustability is really only worth it if you take the time adjust it, and I equate it to my downhill bike or really any adjustable suspension. Unless you really know what your doing when it comes to adjusting suspension your really just paying for adjustability which let's be honest, many people don't want to mess with. So it's really up to you, would you spend the time adjusting it or not?

When it was all said and done it got me almost exactly 1.5 inches of lift up front, just like ome said it would, which leads me to another point, the ome kit is just that a kit, it's valved to work together as such so you get a much more balanced feel. I would not trade a thing on my truck and couldn't be happier how it turned out.

I ordered my lift from nisstec and my bumper from amazon, I have prime and it was free shipping!

KiwiKurt

Explorer
Good report. Would still love to see your truck next to a stocker for comparison sometime.

Ive been batting around the ome lift vs a radflo coilover set up as well.

Having more wheel travel would always be nice, but I dont know that its really needed on these trucks.

I also dont know that for over landing we need more than the 1.5-2" lift the OME kit gives. A 33" tire is all I see myself and moat people using and the stock size gets you most places anyway.

Hows the ride compared to stock now that its been installed for a bit?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

AggroCrag

Meat Popsicle
Thanks, MO4130
You're right, most people won't bother with the adjustable CO's, and I wouldn't intend to more than needed. I just like the idea that if after the lift "settled" I could level it back out again. I know the OME is scragged, so it's not supposed to sag, but have you noticed anything after its been installed a while? Sounds like KiwiKurt and I are in the same boat. I also agree that the OME is a "kit" and intended to work as such, so I'm tempted to stay with that...OH DECISIONS!

KiwiKurt

Explorer
FWIW my OME kit on my CRD Jeep Liberty never sagged. It didnt even "settle" after install. The height I got when I installed it was the height it was when I sold the jeep. Granted I only did about 20k miles on the suspension before I sold it, but still, to not have settling impressed me.

IMO the OME is a good "OEM +1" type of kit. I want to find out if it actually increases wheel travel at all. If it does, then its a no brainer for me. If it doesnt increase wheel travel, I still may go with a coilover set up that does.

Im nervous to do anything to it tho...because if the Diesel Frontier actually comes to shore, my time with my xterra will be short.....

KiwiKurt

Explorer
Just got off the blow with Nisstec. They advised that the OME kit does not increase wheel travel over stock. Again, dont know if it matters on Nissans or not.

AggroCrag

Meat Popsicle
Good to know, thanks for passing that along.

I just got off the phone with Schrock! My new front bumper will be here in a shade under a century!!:wings:
Now I have to practice patience...not my strongsuit.

Mo4130

Adventurer
I have never run I to an issue where wheel travel was an issue. I do a lot of trail riding and some decent trails in it and really travel is only beneficial if you're maching off road.

I have not had any sagging what so ever and ride is greatly increased.

justbecause

perpetually lost
have you had any issues with the truck so far?
CVs, ball joints, electrical, mechanical, anything at all?

have you towed anything with it yet?

NitroRoo

Nice lookin truck and mods! I have a '12 SV, all stock for now... Wifey says I have to pay it off before I start modding... :rolleyes: Definitely getting some good ideas here, learning all about lifts.

Mo4130

Adventurer
Sorry for not responding I have been away for a few weeks.

I have had no mechanical issues whatsoever ever, how ever the other day I went to start my truck and it didn't start just one loud click. Might be time for a new battery. Starts up fine now.

And for mileage I'm getting 18-19 mpg highway. Which is fine as I got a commuter car.

But on to this
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

It was super easy but like stoic said, it did take a whole, a lot of measuring and cutting. But for a total price of about 40 bucks couldn't be happier. Handled 70 mph up to baker no problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94