2011 nissan frontier pro4x mild expedition build

Mo4130

Adventurer
Sorry I haven't been active. Have been in dry dock in California. I have had NO issues with rubbing whatsoever, even before the adjustable cam bolts. I also wanted the coopers but they weren't in stock when I pulled the trigger.

I think the one thing I will do when I love back cross country is replace the cable with a synthetic line.

Long term review of the lift and bumper has been nothing but fantastic! Just perfect for everything I use it for.

Also standby for some fridge pics!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jackflash

Observer
Can you give an estimate of how far out the top of the ARB bumper is from the hood? Also an estimate of how far out the front of the bumper sits from the front of the truck? Just guesses is all I need. Also a profile pic of that would be nice if you have one on hand.

I really like your setup and am trying to decide on what bumper to get, looking at the ARB or the ShrockWorks one. Thanks for the help.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Can you give an estimate of how far out the top of the ARB bumper is from the hood? Also an estimate of how far out the front of the bumper sits from the front of the truck? Just guesses is all I need. Also a profile pic of that would be nice if you have one on hand.

I really like your setup and am trying to decide on what bumper to get, looking at the ARB or the ShrockWorks one. Thanks for the help.

Check out my build thread for some more pics of a Frontier with an ARB. I'll get some measurements for you since I'm in the garage anyway.

Mo4130

Adventurer
Yea, along with wreck driver, I can take a pic of that. You can never had enough pictures to compare and look at when you are bout to cut your bumper off!!!

coop74

Old Camping Dude
hope this is helpful...

IMG_20141021_174323.jpg

coop74

Old Camping Dude
Yes, correct. I have had no coil bucket contact. In retospect, I think I should have gone with the HD rears, but I really only think that when I'm pulling the trailer, which is every weekend...... I do plan on getting some 255 85's to help stiffen up the rear.

Consider a firestone air bag system. I have one on mine so during the week i get the normal ride height and quality, and when i load her up and add my camper i can level the ride and add capacity for the trailer. for the Frontier it is a direct bolt on.

IMAG0202.jpg

Camelfilter

Explorer
Consider a firestone air bag system. I have one on mine so during the week i get the normal ride height and quality, and when i load her up and add my camper i can level the ride and add capacity for the trailer. for the Frontier it is a direct bolt on.

IMAG0202.jpg

Nice!

Keep an eye out for WentWindrock, a Nissan get together over at Windrock park in the fall. It used to be just xterra's but now all Nissan. I drove down last year & had a great time, hope to head back this year unless I move out west...

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Jackflash, here is everything you ever wanted to know about the ARB bumper for the D40 Frontier!

Top of grille to outside of tubing - 7 1/16"
Where bumper "meets" body - 7 1/2" to outside plate
From hood seam to outside of tubing - 9 5/8"
Bottom of grille to outside of rubber bumperettes - 11 3/4"
Where bumper "meets" body to outside of bumperettes - 10 1/16"
Wing/side plate height - 7 5/8"
Front plate/chin height - 10 5/8"
Total depth (wheel arch to bumperettes) - approx 27"
Tubing diameter - 2" OD
Weight - 82 lbs

Remember, the bumper is flat on the front while the body is curved (as is the Shrock), so the distance near the headlights will be farther than the distance from the "burger". Some people think it looks to "chinny", I think it looks great. If you're looking for the best approach angle, then the Shrock or Hefty bumpers are definitely a better bet. But remember that the Shrock and Hefty bumpers are about twice the weight and will take months to get. That being said the custom fab ones are probably tougher, but my ARB has withstood a 45mph deer strike without so much as a scratch.

Last edited:

Mo4130

Adventurer
Also make sure you leave a good gap between the side of the fender and the side of the bumper. The body will flex but the bumper won't and then crunch!!

Topgun514

Adventurer
Is it really only 82 lbs? Or 82 lbs after factory bumper parts are subtracted as a whole?

I have heard 130# or so from the ARB factory? If so, that is supremely impressive.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Is it really only 82 lbs? Or 82 lbs after factory bumper parts are subtracted as a whole?

I have heard 130# or so from the ARB factory? If so, that is supremely impressive.

I've done some poking around, and that seems to be an accurate number for this particular truck. It's not very heavy, I've lifted and installed one by myself. They're using lighter steel than the fab companies are, and it's built pretty intelligently so it's very strong. That's one of the reasons I like it. My stock suspension didn't even notice the weight when I installed it.

Mo4130

Adventurer
Also FWIW,I took the cap off this week in preparation for the rack install and I gained about 2.5-3 inchs in the rear when I took it off. I have the MD springs, which state they offer 1.5 inches with 0-200 lbs in the bed, which is right inline with the weight of my cap, which was the net increase with my cap on. If nothing more that just affirming what ARB states, it was interesting non the less. for those who are interested in the numbers game. Stand by for those pics, and my pics of my fridge install. Mind you, this is primarily for my trip back cross country, I will have a more permanent solution when I get back east.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz