2011 Nissan Frontier Pro 4x Build

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Unless they make a 40lbs bumper it is going to weigh a tad more than that. Do you see any need to add frame reinforcements for the additional weight?

bijanjames

Adventurer
Well they don't seem to get great reviews, but better than nothing there. I've read that they take water easily, and the bulbs are a pain in the *** to change. I'll get you some night shots when I get the truck back.

Mo4130

Adventurer
You will be able to handled the extra weight of the bumper no problem, the frame is more than strong enough, and adding on the weight of the bumper is the basically adding on tongue weight which for the nissan is roughly 630 lbs, 10% it's max towing capacity.

As for the lights, I had them, and yes they didn't last long, but as long as you put some silicon on the back where the light penetrates the housing you should be fine. And when I took my light apart, you could change the bulbs, but you would have to soder on a new positive connection, as they are permanently attached. Other than that, they are solid, defiantly not the attention to detail on ARB's part that I have come to expect from them, but on the flipside the whole kit cost's less than 100 bucks.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Well they don't seem to get great reviews, but netted than nothing there. I've read that they take water easily, and the bulbs are a pain in the *** to change. I'll get you some night shots when I get the truck back.

I've heard some good things and some bad things. There seemed to be a run where the lights were badly sealed, but I think ARB fixed them, and the newer versions were a lot better. I'm interested to see how much distance and spread the lights give.

Thanks!

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
You will be able to handled the extra weight of the bumper no problem, the frame is more than strong enough, and adding on the weight of the bumper is the basically adding on tongue weight which for the nissan is roughly 630 lbs, 10% it's max towing capacity.

As for the lights, I had them, and yes they didn't last long, but as long as you put some silicon on the back where the light penetrates the housing you should be fine. And when I took my light apart, you could change the bulbs, but you would have to soder on a new positive connection, as they are permanently attached. Other than that, they are solid, defiantly not the attention to detail on ARB's part that I have come to expect from them, but on the flipside the whole kit cost's less than 100 bucks.

Did you get much distance out of them?

Mo4130

Adventurer
There is no mistake that they are just fog lights, but they did add a good amount of light down low. My best advice is now that you have the bumper get some Rigids and mount up there. I got a set of rigid floods because realistically I dont need driving lights for maching down the highway, the regular high beams do a good enough job for that, but really appreciate the extra light they give when I am driving at night on the trail, which is when you want light.

bijanjames

Adventurer
Rear Bumper Build

Just got of the phone with Chris. He said that the overhang on a Frontier is 6 inches longer than a Tacoma! Because of this the "wings" require some serious bracing to the frame to prevent them from torquing, they are 34 inches long!! He said the project has really required them to put their engineering hats on. Total weight of bumper and dual swings will be 200ish. Factory bumper and Uhaul receiver was 100ish. He said the bumper mounting is more than enough to be able to handle the weight of the truck dropping off a rock without torquing, and the receiver will handle max tow rating no problem.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles