2011 Nissan Frontier Pro 4x Build

bijanjames

Adventurer
I was changing my engine air filter today and noticed a fair bit of dust on the engine side of air box just below the filter. After replacing the filter and trying to close the air box I realized why...The mounts on the engine side of the box just don't close properly. The middle tab doesn't seat at all and this is causing dust to get into the box. I researched this and found it to be a fairly common problem. Anyone on here having this problem? This just might be a good reason to get a snorkel!

IMG_4538.jpg

Last edited:

mb1k

Observer
I do know that my design is there newest version as far as the swing mechanism goes. They switched to a new 3 stage swing out and a more durable swing bolt. I can send a pic of it if you would like.

That would be great. At your convenience of course! I'm not picking up a Frontier until VW sends me a check for my TDI buyback.

Mo4130

Adventurer
I was changing my engine air filter today and noticed a fair bit of dust on the engine side of air box just below the filter. After replacing the filter and trying to close the air box I realized why...The mounts on the engine side of the box just don't close properly. The middle tab doesn't seat at all and this is causing dust to get into the box. I researched this and found it to be a fairly common problem. Anyone on hear having this problem? This just might be a good reason to get a snorkel!

View attachment 366883

What brand filter did you get? I want to say k&n didn't fit where as stp and factory did.

E.J.

Explorer
I have that issue too, I can get it closed with a lot a wiggling and sailor talk. Didn't think about trying a different brand filter, I always grab a fram for whatever reason.

Mo4130

Adventurer
I have that issue too, I can get it closed with a lot a wiggling and sailor talk. Didn't think about trying a different brand filter, I always grab a fram for whatever reason.

I want to fram didn't work. Pretty sure I'm running an STP. Works fine.

justbecause

perpetually lost
A snorkel would not replace the air filter box would it? I hate that the filter only clamps on 1 side. I also use fram and am due for a change when I do spark plugs.

bijanjames

Adventurer
IMG_4584.jpgIMG_4600.jpgIMG_4601.jpg
Nice camping trip up Middle St. Vrain trail to Coney Flats. The trail is fairly challenging and would be a handful without some armor and a locker or two. There were some very nice Jeeps at Coney Flats.

bijanjames

Adventurer
Thinking About Selling My Tires

I'm getting the 255 bug pretty bad... thinking about selling my current 265/75r16 Cooper ST Maxx tires (all 5) for $800 OBO. They are in between 14/32nd and 15/32nd tread depth on all 5, and have had a 5 tire rotation every 3,750 miles. They have 11,000 miles on them, are in very good condition, and have worn perfectly. They were $1,400 new with insurance at Discount Tire. I have all receipts from purchase and rotations. If anyone is interested and in the Denver, CO area I will be more than happy to meet up and let you take a look at the tires.IMG_4664.jpgIMG_4665.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier