2011 CC LWB Frontier with Vagabond Drifter

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
What an awesome build! I love the utilitarian style you've got going on with the steelies, the Drifter, and the Shrock bumper. First impressions on the Drifter? I've always liked those as an option, even with living in Montana and having GFC right down the road.

What an awesome build! I love the utilitarian style you've got going on with the steelies, the Drifter, and the Shrock bumper. First impressions on the Drifter? I've always liked those as an option, even with living in Montana and having GFC right down the road.
This thing is a work of art! Very solid without being heavy, nice attention to detail. I’ve never used a GFC but they seem opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of wedge camper:
GFC super light weight and minimalist that you probably don’t even notice it while driving. while the VO is more lux with a fan, insulation, lighting, fully enclosed, being able to stand when the bed is fully deployed.
Both great options just depends on your use-type! I liked having all those options for one reason or another so I chose the VO

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
This thing is a work of art! Very solid without being heavy, nice attention to detail. I’ve never used a GFC but they seem opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of wedge camper:
GFC super light weight and minimalist that you probably don’t even notice it while driving. while the VO is more lux with a fan, insulation, lighting, fully enclosed, being able to stand when the bed is fully deployed.
Both great options just depends on your use-type! I liked having all those options for one reason or another so I chose the VO

Great summary, and I can attest to the GFC being set up as the super lightweight option. I got a chance to see them in person in Bozeman a few years ago, and they've since updated their design. If I still had a pickup, I'd be hard-pressed to decide between those products, though I do see the extra comfort of the VO as a huge benefit.

Awesome to hear it's such a nice setup. I've loosely followed VO since they started and have been really impressed with their product and the gap they're filling in the market.

Will do! I’m dedicating this Sunday to my leaf pack install then back to using it! Man, 6 speed CC LWB 4x4 is like a unicorn, hang on to that thing!

Got out to see the fall colors and used my portable diesel heater for the first time. It was great. Still debating between leaving it portable and mounting it inside. It takes up valuable space and would be louder inside but much less set up time and a cleaner look. Gets the job done for now.
2E66D64D-E089-488A-BF88-86EFBDF5C242.jpeg1A6DBBA9-7900-4573-A5F4-DB9B128012E8.jpeg

(none)

Adventurer
Great looking setup.

Your ironman rear leaf setup looks a bit more heavy duty than my HD OME setup. How much air do you usually run in your airbags?

I think the leaf pack I got was not rated for quite as high of a load as the HD OME so that’s surprising! Usually unloaded I keep them pretty light, 5-10 psi. When I load up go out for a weekend, I usually bump them to around 30. To be honest, it doesn’t change the ride all that much, just the height that the rear sits. I like having the adjustability though!

Been a while. Back on Thanksgiving we took a trip down Highway 1 between San Francisco and LA then over to Joshua Tree to meet some friends. Then we bought a house, then we went to Big Sky, MT for a week. It has been busy which means not many truck projects. Back to work though! Lots of mods on the backlog. New proper length rear shocks, many skid plates, extended brake lines and snorkel all need to go on.
IMG_0055.jpegC2967A27-BDC2-437A-8E4E-E97632AFB854.jpegE12AB387-71FC-4F4C-989C-1105DC76CB34.jpeg0973A6DC-5C8F-4568-A464-BD63641968A9.jpeg

Getting ready for summer so I installed a bug screen. It was made for a house door (60"x80") so it was a little long but I trimmed it up from the bottom and fastened the trim piece to the new bottom. The width was perfect and fastened by velcro. The middle is magnetic. I also made some for the two Frontrunner doors on the sides.
7B2A458E-4386-4DF0-8FBC-155B2EE96762_1_105_c.jpegB134827D-B1DE-4AAE-8B34-DFFB0B053650_1_105_c.jpeg

I like the screen, I was thinking of the same thing for the Xterra.

Nice! Yeah it should come in handy when that season rolls around. It was pretty easy and cheap.

I used this for the back:

and this method for the windoors:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles