2011 CC LWB Frontier with Vagabond Drifter

Hello,

Here is my 2011 Nissan Frontier CC LWB build!

Installed as of 06/25/2022
OEDRO floorliners
Covercraft Precisionfit Leatherette seat covers for the front, rear neoprene
Pioneer AVH-2300NEX
Back up camera
DIY tailgate remote lock
Hood struts
tailgate EZ down strut
Factory steelies with 265/75/r16 Falken Wildpeaks at3w
Rear diff breather mod
SPC UCA’s
ADO cam bolt lock out kit
Elka/Nisstec MKII coilovers w/1” spacer
Rear extended Bilstein 5125’s
Ironman 4x4 Performance Leaf Pack
Ironman 4x4 Greasable shackles
Firestone Ride-Rite Airbags w/Daystar cradles
Z1 off-road extended SS brake lines
ARB CKMA12 air compressor
6 gang switch panel
7" round amber lights
Amazon S2 ditch lights
Shrockworks front bumper
Hefty Fab aluminum engine/front diff Skid
Hefty Fab aluminum transmission skid
Hefty Fab aluminum transfer case skid
ASFIR aluminum fuel skid
Shrockworks rear differential cover
Mountain Hatch Tailgate cover
Rago bed stiffeners
Snorkel

Vagabond Drifter with:
Black powdercoat
Ezee Awn 270 awning
Front runner gullwing doors
Fantastic fan
lower insulation
Prewire for solar
Upper, middle and lower lighting
12v plugs
100” L track on the roof
Frontrunner load bars
100ah LifePo4 self heating with 30amp DC to DC/MPPT.
Simarine Pico battery monitor
100 watt solar panel
Portable Diesel heater
Dometic CFX3 35
8020 storage build out

Need to install:
1000w Renogy Inverter
Future plans:
285's
V8 Pathfinder brakes

8D4B6BFF-0D0D-49C6-BA42-AEE058605337.jpegF3B447FA-D6E9-490C-9FB1-A6FF6395EDA7.jpeg

Last edited:
that camper is pretty cool! got any inside pics?
D0DF1496-E163-4ECE-99EF-9D2F82C63551.jpegED723697-C4DA-4DD5-BF81-8E1E7D96AE37.jpeg
small but has propane heater, sink, stove w/in and outside connect, sleeps two comfortable (+80lb dog is a little tight). Shore power and a 80ah DC system. All at about half the weight of a FWC! Not shownin the photo but I’ve upgraded the table leg to be more flush when removed.

That camper is super neat looking. Any particular reason you're switching to a GFC/FWC?
I know it’s kind of ridiculous but mainly my dog is too large so I want a separate sleeping area for when he’s wet and gross. When you pop the table down into a bed it doesn’t really leave him enough space to spread out. In a wedge camper or FWC he can stay in the lower part.

moderndaynorseman

I know it’s kind of ridiculous but mainly my dog is too large so I want a separate sleeping area for when he’s wet and gross. When you pop the table down into a bed it doesn’t really leave him enough space to spread out. In a wedge camper or FWC he can stay in the lower part.

Those are totally understandable reasons, haha.

trasko

Adventurer
We've got a very similar truck. 2008 CCLB with the 6M. I've always gone with a regular camper shell. I never knew A-Liner made those. I like it. Send me a message if/when you decide to sell it. Although I think I'm sorta in the same boat as you: I think the AT Habitat / GFC style is pretty ideal. Lightweight and big addition of space. I don't need all the amenities.

On the flip size I've also been considering the A-Liner trailers. I'm not a fan of "pop-up" trailers (soft tops) but the hard-top seems like the best compromise. You get a lot of extra living space but don't have a huge frontal area slowing you down constantly on the road.

Attachments

• 2008_cclb_6m.jpg
    2008_cclb_6m.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 47
We've got a very similar truck. 2008 CCLB with the 6M. I've always gone with a regular camper shell. I never knew A-Liner made those. I like it. Send me a message if/when you decide to sell it. Although I think I'm sorta in the same boat as you: I think the AT Habitat / GFC style is pretty ideal. Lightweight and big addition of space. I don't need all the amenities.

On the flip size I've also been considering the A-Liner trailers. I'm not a fan of "pop-up" trailers (soft tops) but the hard-top seems like the best compromise. You get a lot of extra living space but don't have a huge frontal area slowing you down constantly on the road.
I dig the regular camper shell too. I like your set up and jealous of the 6MT. I will keep you posted. I am currently deciding my options so it may go up for sale sooner than later!

trasko

Adventurer
The 6MT is great. I find the gears spacing is generally great. 6 is quite low for freeway cruising. Towing means 5th gets more use. I like the simplicity and at-home repairability of the 6MT. I generally just like shifting my own gears.

On the flip side, on really rough off-road situations 1st gear could be lower. And an auto would take the drama out of that completely (you can go slower and do two-feet pedal work). ON-road, however,if you aren't trailering anything 1st gear is almost too low. I shift after maybe 2 seconds from a stop light or dead stop. No big deal but this is no race-car gearbox. It's a bit clunky.

It took me about 5 months to find a CCLB w/ the manual. If I had it to do over I wouldn't spend the extra money and time. I would definitely choose the 6M again if it were available but I wouldn't wait around for it.

jpat30

Adventurer
Are you still running the stock leaf packs in the rear and if so how do you find they handle the weight. And congrats on an expedited Drifter order slot!

Are you still running the stock leaf packs in the rear and if so how do you find they handle the weight. And congrats on an expedited Drifter order slot!
Thanks! I am but I have air bags and it handles it fine. That being said, I’ll probably upgrade the leaf pack before I get the drifter, although it’s significantly lighter than my current camper!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles