2010 Tundra Build “TRD Ferguson”

The_Dude

Adventurer
I think 3/4 tons have run that pass, no?

Yea there are videos posted on YouTube of people doing it in full size rigs.
b723bd85a0f21f5ce30b8546aeff248e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phsycle

Adventurer
I think 3/4 tons have run that pass, no?

There is that Ram video that's always posted, but cuts off before the switchbacks. It was a tight fit with the Tacoma. Fullsize would be a handful. The Ram is also slightly smaller than the Tundra as well. Not by much, but some. May be not a big deal, but when you're on trails like BBP, every inch counts.

Dalko43

Explorer
There is that Ram video that's always posted, but cuts off before the switchbacks. It was a tight fit with the Tacoma. Fullsize would be a handful. The Ram is also slightly smaller than the Tundra as well. Not by much, but some. May be not a big deal, but when you're on trails like BBP, every inch counts.

If it's the same video I saw where it was a Ram HD (2500 or 3500), then the Tundra should definitely fit, as it is smaller.

People go up those roads all the time with offroad trailers, don't they? I would think that would be a lot more difficult than going up with a Tundra. Extended cab would be better off than the Crewmax, but the Tundra should fit regardless.

phsycle

Adventurer
If it's the same video I saw where it was a Ram HD (2500 or 3500), then the Tundra should definitely fit, as it is smaller.

People go up those roads all the time with offroad trailers, don't they? I would think that would be a lot more difficult than going up with a Tundra. Extended cab would be better off than the Crewmax, but the Tundra should fit regardless.

That Ram is a 2003 2500 QC SB. Dimensions according to Edmunds is SMALLER than the Tundra. Tundra DC and CM have the exact same dimensions, including wheelbase.

https://www.edmunds.com/dodge/ram-pickup-2500/2003/features-specs/

https://www.edmunds.com/toyota/tundra/2010/features-specs/

I've never seen a trailer up there. How do they get past the switchbacks? Unhook? That would be very challenging, much less navigating the super narrow trail you've got to keep an eye on.

Dalko43

Explorer
That Ram is a 2003 2500 QC SB. Dimensions according to Edmunds is SMALLER than the Tundra. Tundra DC and CM have the exact same dimensions, including wheelbase.

https://www.edmunds.com/dodge/ram-pickup-2500/2003/features-specs/

https://www.edmunds.com/toyota/tundra/2010/features-specs/

All right, but the difference isn't much. If a 3rd Gen Ram can fit up there, so too can a Tundra.

I've never seen a trailer up there. How do they get past the switchbacks? Unhook? That would be very challenging, much less navigating the super narrow trail you've got to keep an eye on.

I have no idea. I'm just pointing out that many overland-style vehicles travel all over the place with those trailers, including the pass. If those vehicles can figure their way through, I don't see why a Tundra or 3/4 ton couldn't.

I don't understand why you find it so unbelievable...people have been taking their fullsize rigs all over the place...this trend isn't new.

phsycle

Adventurer
I don't understand why you find it so unbelievable...people have been taking their fullsize rigs all over the place...this trend isn't new.

Note, I never said it couldn't be done. I just wouldn't want to do it. People have run various, large-sized trucks through Rubicon. I wouldn't want to do it.

No offense intended here, but maybe if you've been there and ran some of these trails, you'd understand? Videos and pictures do them on justice.

The_Dude

Adventurer
I don’t think they allow trailers on Black Bear Pass. It would be jack knife pass if they did.

The_Dude

Adventurer
Trd Ferguson is going to get some ditch lights. Picking up some Rigid Dually Hyper shots from a friend of mine and mounting them to the Rago hood brackets.

bf439b98bc50a89644520b5f0377c113.jpg

a0737c82c7c3e582f2214abad49bdeab.jpg

The_Dude

Adventurer
My Rago Fab ditch light brackets showed today. It was about a 10 minute install.

Baja Design Squadron Sports are on deck for tomorrow if Usps delivers.

5e27b5dbafd356c7dc65f6cc69b5cdad.jpg

0258a6e986994c047c9ddc0e7e381c65.jpg

e5113b9de6624b2c025dec05281eb0e1.jpg

d15b3665dd17f4fc8677d7a21110c306.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles