2010 Tundra Build “TRD Ferguson”

The_Dude

Adventurer
Dude, Nice rig. Don't want to send your thread in another direction but, we share the same back yard and I was curious if you like those STT Pros for around here? Thanks

I haven’t had them in snow or ice yet. A little loud for me on the hwy. The truck came with them. Once they wear out I will be going back to the St Maxx. They are great off road so far though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_Dude

Adventurer
Out camping at Hartmann Rocks in Gunnison CO this weekend.
68117f5472c2bd4b1ce26d93258435e3.jpg

Dalko43

Explorer
I've had the opportunity to drive a few Tundra's; I really like how they're set up.

What has your combined mpg been over the long term? Even if it is a little thirsty, I'm thinking about adding one to the garage.

The_Dude

Adventurer
I've had the opportunity to drive a few Tundra's; I really like how they're set up.

What has your combined mpg been over the long term? Even if it is a little thirsty, I'm thinking about adding one to the garage.

I would guess around 14?

cdthiker

Meandering Idaho
Well, this was a rather long delay. Sorry about that.
Brake lines, inner fender flare, chains smacked about on the control arms etc etc.
With stock wheel and tire size there just is not enough clearance. I have read about some folks ( as mentioned ) who have made it work using off set rims and or spacers. What I have found is that with some weight in the bed of the truck and a quality set of rear chains( V bar or other studded type ) That there is not a lot of places one can not get in a stock tundra with 4 wheel drive and good rubber.
More than one time I was working out in the high desert of utah mid winter and pushing snow that was grill deep with our fleed tundras. Mind you, Utah snow is light and fluffy but still. It was impressive performance. If you are looking to go snow wheeling, you will surely find the limitations of the truck. Having a set of rear chains to get back off the mountain, or up it for that matter when chain control is in effect, or a nasty storm has blown in is more than enough to get you where you need to be.

phsycle

Adventurer
What do you find lacking? Seems like pretty well set up for what you're doing. Save the money for gas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles