2010 Tundra Build “TRD Ferguson”

The_Dude

Adventurer
I get a good amount of rubbing turning sharply with the 295's. How many tundra owners have removed their mud flaps?

rruff

Explorer
I get a good amount of rubbing turning sharply with the 295's. How many tundra owners have removed their mud flaps?

It's not unusual with 295s on stock rims. Those are 2-2.5" taller than stock. Alignment effects the fore/aft position of the wheel in the well, so no two are identical for clearance.

I have 325/65r18s (35x13) with +25 offset (stock is +60), 18x9 rims, and I removed flaps, moved front plastic forward, cut the body mount, and trimmed and heatgunned the rear plastic a bit. It was easier than it sounds ;) You can fit 37s with the lift you have if you pick an offset in the +35 to +50 range and trim like crazy. Kinda wish I'd gotten 37s now. They look about right on a Tundra.

Trikebubble

Adventurer

I removed mine just because, I have a 2014 with 295's a 3.5"(ish) mid-travel lift (with new UCA's), and once aligned I don't get any rubbing on the body mounts. My sister has a 2012 with a 3/1 leveling kit and 295's also and she does rub on her body mounts. She is going to get them chopped.

cdthiker

Meandering Idaho
There just is not enough clearance. Plastic, fenders, brake lines, steering components etc.
I know of some folks playing with tire size and off set rims to get the room they need, and a few folks have run chains in the rear and thinner cable styles up front. I am not sure on the first gen Tundras, but on the second, I am fairly sure it even states not the chain the front. It also mentions this in the manual for the second gen and up tacoma.

Seems like a bit of a crap design, but honestly, after thrashing the work rigs in wicked deep snow for a winter, I found there was not a lot of places one could not get to in a Tundra with weight in the back and the rears chained up with a solid V bar type chain. By the time you to that spot, you were usely pushing snow past the bumper and closer to the grill. Then again, This was Utah snow, most of the time it is super fluffy and that for sure makes a difference.

cdthiker

Meandering Idaho
This is for sure the way to go. I was about 1100 out the door for a custom build on the leafs out back and 5100's installed all the way around. Way better then stock, compareable to a lot of the big names in off road suspension, and they dialed it in for my needs. IE, I wanted a better ride, and the full 1300 LBS capacity out of my truck bed with out dragging the hitch on the pavement. I have been super impressed so far had them on for about 5 k now

The_Dude

Adventurer
Found my issue of rubbing. 295s in stock wheels contact the skid plate
Solved.
8f12febcb0e7d3374ee101e5288a75dd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_Dude

Adventurer
This is for sure the way to go. I was about 1100 out the door for a custom build on the leafs out back and 5100's installed all the way around. Way better then stock, compareable to a lot of the big names in off road suspension, and they dialed it in for my needs. IE, I wanted a better ride, and the full 1300 LBS capacity out of my truck bed with out dragging the hitch on the pavement. I have been super impressed so far had them on for about 5 k now
They told me I would also gain 600lbs payload?

The_Dude

Adventurer
Ordered a tan soft topper. Buddy is coming over to help install tomorrow. Will post pics of result!

The_Dude

Adventurer
Found some Budbuilt skid plates on Craigslist for $40 bucks! Got them slapped on and ready to rock! The stock skid has seen better days....
a93e15d86f91ea85be5dc54953832112.jpg

013a26c7172012db28d709cec5b7e0c8.jpg

eb57ce401a5399525f206daeee4894d5.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles