2010 Tacoma TRD Off-Road... Thinnest tire I can run on stock wheels?

bcrez

Adventurer
Sorry. I havnt had a chance to get the pics up yet. The truck looks sick. I really like the TJM over ARB. It looks very similary which I like, but it fits a bit nicer and is SOLID. The fog lamps are really high quality as well.

bcrez

Adventurer
Yeah... I am terrible at keeping up with threads. I am going to load some up now. Back in a minute.

bcrez

Adventurer
OK, sorry for the delay. Here are some pics. If you are interested I can load up some pics from the shop, putting it all on. Nothing special though. I am saving up for a 30" RI light bar through the middle loop, in front of the grill.

Qt8i5.jpg OXgaA.jpgSF3z6.jpg photo-4.jpg

deadbeat son

Explorer
Truck looks great! I went with 235/85-16s on my '09 DC this fall as well, except I went the BFG AT/KO route.

Did you pick up the TJM locally?a

bcrez

Adventurer
Slee offroad (Golden, CO) shipped it to a friend's garage. We did the install on his lift... which made everything A LOT easier.

bcrez

Adventurer
OK, so I lied... I ended up with 255/85/R16 Toyo Open Country MT load range E. I have an OME suspension with heavy load springs and dakar leaf in the rear. No trimming was necessary, but the spare no longer fits under the bed :( Not even close. Only driven 100mi on the tires so far but here are my initial impressions, and some pics.

1. Softer rubber is NICE. The road noise has decreased. The ride is gentler.
2. 33" totally screwed up my ECU. Odometer off, speedometer off, scan gauge off... need to calibrate.
3. Handling is not bad on highway but I drive with enthusiasm and I can feel the tires flex somewhat aggressively on turns.
4. Truck holds momentum better
5. Looks mean!

xNHQrJW.jpg
jKtj2Pl.jpg
6DFc0FO.jpg

Cytocycle

Observer
I run the same Toyo size my and my spare fits you have to trim off some metal supports under the bed. I had trim my front fender flares at compression with a slight turn. I have aired them down to 20 psi but will try 17 next time because the rear sidewall never compressed because of the load E rating.

I'll flame because you are showing your ignorance of tires, 235 was a very common size on full size trucks as in 1 tons for a long time. Skinny tires dig down into mud and snow much better to get you to the hard bottom better than fat tires. As for turning lol. Also with a skinny tire you can put a taller tire on than a fat tire.
I just don't get the skinny tire thing, you all must not like turning at more than 3mph. I think 265s are skinny.

here comes the flaming....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online