2010 RRS supercharged TPMS system issue

Humvette

Adventurer
Guys,
I have a 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged and I keep having lil issues with the TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System). When ever there is a cold snap it says i have a low tire pressure. I get out and check and they all to be fine. It also says the passenger rear is low, but I think it might be talking about the passenger front.

Questions:
- Could it just be a battery issue. (how long should the battery last)
- Does the truck identify a certain sensor to be on a certain corner. (if you do a tire rotation will it correct itself or not?)
- Is there some update to the software that I need the dealership to do?
- Is there a symple bypass for this alarm? (just something to get my wife off my case for a week lol)

Thanks,
Mark

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
cold weather = less pressure in the tires

add air....

Mind you knowing my RRS, it could just require a spray of contact cleaner somewhere, or a new brake switch....seemingly thats what my suspension problem is...:)

Humvette

Adventurer
I completely understand the low temp stuff. I checked all the pressure and the lowest was 36 psi. So its not a tire pressure issue.

Where are those connectors physically located on the truck?

CityBoyAtl

Adventurer / Globetrotter
Hi Mark,
I have a 2011 RRS, and find most of my questions can be answered on the http://www.rangerovers.net forum. just do a search there.

In the mean-time, i'll try to answer for you what I know.
-the control module learns which sensors are on which corner of the car, so for example if you rotate the wheels to new locations, it will learn which sensors are on which corner.
-there is a bypass, if you have an IIDTool you can disable the monitoring, or the dealer can do this for you.

Matt

Humvette

Adventurer
Thanks thats great info!

Are people bypassing this feature typically? or not? Does it seem to be a problematic system?

CityBoyAtl

doesn't seem to be too many people bypassing, i just know that the IIDTool can do that.
the pressure can fluctuate with ambient air temp, but only a few PSI, so it shouldn't be a pressure problem really.

Humvette

Adventurer
I think I might just have one bad battery on that one wheel. The toyota dealer I bought the rover from put new tires on it, bet they did not change the batteries

CityBoyAtl

With a full size spare, and the system configured for it, the system will know 5 sensors at a time. The 4 road wheels are pinged for their sensor codes and pressures while driving. The spare is not pinged. If you were to get a flat tire, and install the spare, after driving a short distance, the system learns that the spare has been moved to a road wheel, and assumes that the road wheel is now the spare. Just somewhat shuffling the wheel positions in its memory.

Humvette

Adventurer
What will the TPMS system show? Will it say spare tire low air pressure or could it confuse one of the rear tires as being low? I have never checked its pressure.

LOL these trucks are pretty advanced!

CityBoyAtl

you'll get a 'check spare tire pressure' message in the information console. it's pretty unlikely it would confuse the locations.

Humvette

Adventurer
So it could not hurt for me to check the spare tire pressure lol, but it sounds like i mostlikely just need to change the battery in the wheel sensor? Do these wheel sensors have batteries? Are they cheap?

CityBoyAtl

yep, they have batteries, i just don't know how to change it.. dealer would probably just replace the sensor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94