2010 Regular Cab

soonenough

Explorer
Your truck looks great! Just noticed something from those last pics - does your camper shell have the sliding window on one side and the hinged / fold-out window on the other side? Any reason you went with that setup?

RU55ELL

Explorer
Good eye! I would love to have mine hinged on both sides. It would help keep me from having to crawl inside to get something up at the front of the bed.

16-18 now, was right around 19-20 as stock. Most of my driving now is short trips in the mountains (hills). I would imagine that a long trip the mileage would improve.

Whoa, thats way off from what my reg cab used to get. I was averaging 25 mixed driving and 28 highway. My extended cab even managed 28 mpg coming back from a ski trip once running 265/75s on both.

Tacovendor

Explorer
Having the "windoor" is great if you are keeping a fridge or other items you want to get to, and you don't have to open the bak up and crawl in.
Explr87 is your a 4X4? typical Toyotas "varied mileage"..............

My reg cab was a 4x4 the current extended cab is a prerunner but is usually loaded down with random gear and has a shell on it. Another thing I just considered is I'm at sealevel and its very flat for most of my driving, you are definitely not. Beautiful truck by the way, very well done.

Chadman

Don't notice much power loss, do feel the gearing at start. I'll check the gas milage and post results. When the truck was stock I got about 18-20mpg. Checked it today (random) 17mpg.

May have missed this but do you have a manual or auto tranny?

Tacovendor

Explorer
Here's a poor picture of the MBRP muffler and my high tail pipe set up.
Sept10053.jpg

Tacovendor

Explorer
Got the BajaRack on the camper today, very functional. This is a model for the 4Runner with modified mounting brackets.
Rack017.jpg

Rack015.jpg

Rack014.jpg

Tacovendor

Explorer
It is a bit lower in the back, I have some 1" blocks I'm going to put in, but waiting to rig the back with the fridge and gear before I have Deaver make me a set of springs to level it out.
I'll get the mufflers model number, it is MBRP, as for sound, it does add some sport tune to it, but I really don't have a guide to go by.
http://www.mbrp.com/

Tacovendor

Explorer
Got the snorkle from Cruiser Outfitters and used the custom template. Also the new A.R.E. shell in the "Outdoorsman" model. Here are a few pics:
snorkle020.jpg

snorkle021.jpg

snorkle022.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz