2010 Regular Cab

Bugspray

Adventurer
You got what I need. That rear bumper is killer! I also have a reg. cab Tacoma (1st gen) so i know the challenge of outfitting a truck with limited space and power. The 2.7 is a great powerplant but when you start adding bumpers, big tires, tents etc. you see the MPGs go down. Keep up the nice work!

J*C*M

Traveller
With the 2.7 you're right you should watch the weight that you load the truck down with, but at the same time I've been kicking the **** out of my 2.7 since the truck was first released in 2005.

Below is what my truck looked like, on 285's with my sport bike on the back, my buddies touring bike on the trailer, and gear loaded down everywhere. The whole time from DC to San Antonio I averaged 16 mpg and had no problem cruising with traffic. It's no racecar, but don't sell it short.

4866037579_248ed41a35_z.jpg

I love my 2.7, It's a little champ. Mine regularly gets loaded down with people and gear and chuggs along on the highway just fine, well at least until I get to the mountains. With the regular cab you will be surprised how much extra weight you can get away with. Awesome truck by the way, really makes me miss my old reg cab.

atavuss

Adventurer
those tires look so much more capable than the stockers! I wonder how they will affect your fuel mileage and power with the larger diameter?

Tacovendor

Explorer
Don't notice much power loss, do feel the gearing at start. I'll check the gas milage and post results. When the truck was stock I got about 18-20mpg. Checked it today (random) 17mpg.

Last edited:

atavuss

Adventurer
nice family portrait!
any chance you can post side views of the regular cab with the new tires on it?

Tacovendor

Explorer
Got the HEMA GPS from Austrailia yesterday, trying to figure out all of its capabilities. So far it is very impressive.
Hema008.jpg

Hema002.jpg

RU55ELL

Explorer
Your truck has got me thinking about swapping my TRD OR wheels for stock steelies. IIRC, they are the same width and backspacing, correct?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94