2010 patriot soft roader build.

Darkrider

Adventurer
Cue the "There can only be one" line and theme music from the TV series and movies lol

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

jhill15

Explorer
Wanted to give you guys a little update on the HL. Things are gonna be slow for this one, there's not a whole lot of info on it, there is a little bit for the kluger on the au forum but not many mods. I've been trying to figure out what the biggest tire size that I can throw on it but no one seems to know lol so it's gonna be a get it and test fit lol.
3744d46e54af41647859c0f83040d776.jpg
07067e96c7141a38686625ddcc09bf0a.jpg

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I was doing some hunting around as well. I am thinking not much bigger than whats on it now. I was next to an older FDII yesterday, you should have heard the noises out of the CVT on that one. Dude didn't care I guess. But the scratching and squealing and studdering that came from that was brutal. SOOOOO happy that I did not keep mine. ha ha. I think there are some brushguards and grill guards etc available for the lander. Lots of room now hey?

jhill15

Explorer
I was doing some hunting around as well. I am thinking not much bigger than whats on it now. I was next to an older FDII yesterday, you should have heard the noises out of the CVT on that one. Dude didn't care I guess. But the scratching and squealing and studdering that came from that was brutal. SOOOOO happy that I did not keep mine. ha ha. I think there are some brushguards and grill guards etc available for the lander. Lots of room now hey?
I think the biggest tire I can fit will be a 255/65/17 although...hankook makes a 255/70 in the atm, I really like those! But I think it would sit right against the spring perch. I know no one really wheels these things and that's ok, but no one even maximizes the their potential either...I will be one of the first lol. The room is awesome! The removable middle seat is freakin great the kids have their own captains chair...Lol no more fighting in the back seat lol.

Man! Freakin cvt! My neighbor has a 2014 pathfinder with about 35k on it, she is on her 3rd cvt...no joke this is her 3rd transmission in 35k miles, she is looking into lemon laws. Of it were me I would just drop it off at the dealer and hand them the keys!

kojackJKU

Yep..pure junk. in the words of rosso racist...blissful. bah ha ha. He has NO CLUE about anything. He is one of those since he owns it its the best guys....

as for the kids, my buddy actually made a barrier in their minivan to keep his twin girls apart on trips. I am lucky, I have one that's 18, and one that's 9.....

jhill15

Explorer
Yep..pure junk. in the words of rosso racist...blissful. bah ha ha. He has NO CLUE about anything. He is one of those since he owns it its the best guys....

as for the kids, my buddy actually made a barrier in their minivan to keep his twin girls apart on trips. I am lucky, I have one that's 18, and one that's 9.....

Hahaha that's awesome! I may have to build a barrier for my kids lol. Man you guys sound like us, we have one that's 14 and one that's 4...the worst of both ages lol. I don't know what we were thinking lol We were almost done and then bam...here comes the second one lol.

kojackJKU

ha ha. My wife had our oldest from a previous relationship. I met them when he was 5, his dad lives away so only saw him once or twice a year. I was pretty well his dad for all that time. Then the year we got married we had our second little guy. He has autism and is an amazing kid. he's brilliant. But the good thing is that His brother never fought with him at all. looked after him really.

jhill15

Explorer
ha ha. My wife had our oldest from a previous relationship. I met them when he was 5, his dad lives away so only saw him once or twice a year. I was pretty well his dad for all that time. Then the year we got married we had our second little guy. He has autism and is an amazing kid. he's brilliant. But the good thing is that His brother never fought with him at all. looked after him really.
That's really awesome! I remember you talking about your son having autism and using your jk to camp with him.

Darkrider

Adventurer
Sorry for digging this up but just posting to bump it up for easier retrieval. I finally got a Patriot of my own today and will be reading in here for ideas!

jhill15

Explorer
Sorry for digging this up but just posting to bump it up for easier retrieval. I finally got a Patriot of my own today and will be reading in here for ideas!
No worries man! Thanks for the bump! What year/trim riot did you get?

Darkrider

Adventurer
No worries man! Thanks for the bump! What year/trim riot did you get?

2015 Patriot Sport 4x4. FD1 drivetrain with the 6 speed auto. If i am not mistaken it should have the FDII springs which would have it to the same height as you had at the end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles