2010 patriot soft roader build.

jhill15

Explorer
Well She's fixed. When being built, the manufacturer over torqued a screw under the dash and popped a hole in one of the heater core lines. It was coolant but it was odd that there was no smell etc. I get it back on wed. Can't wait. The other rigs in the stable miss it. ha ha.
Good news man! Now time to get to work on it! I'm trying to see that thing built!

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Yeah, I know. It going to have to wait until after vaycay. Going to florida end of june. so all our funds are for having fun in the sunny south. when I get back, its getting going.

kojackJKU

YEY! Pat's back!

SNL_0715_05_Its_Pat.png

Opps not that pat.....this pat!

Everything fixed and good to go....

kojackJKU

I know. They would get ripped if they did that skit now. Just talking to OK4wd, the rhino rack platform to fit the patriot is not that expensive. 699. I was expecting 1500-1800 bucks. NOT BAD!

jhill15

Explorer
I know. They would get ripped if they did that skit now. Just talking to OK4wd, the rhino rack platform to fit the patriot is not that expensive. 699. I was expecting 1500-1800 bucks. NOT BAD!
The Pioneer is universal to any cross bar. I love all the attachments, I just wish they weren't so pricey. By the time you get it completely outfitted your in over $1500...However if you compare to like a wilderness rack or a safety, front runner, Baja etc... It would be around the same. Cool thing about the pioneer is it's not vehicle specific. The pat would look sweet with a full size 45×60...I think is what it comes in. I would be worried about the factory siderails not allowing the front 20 inches of the platform to have any support.

kojackJKU

The one the guy from OK has on is Subaru is the perfect size. I just want to be able to toss my pelican luggage up there so I can keep the interior space for other stuff while travelling. I would just need the platform and 2 low profile cross bars.

jhill15

Explorer
Front end update!
Quite sometime ago I photoshopped what I wanted my front end to look like. I didn't go exact to what I wanted but I ended up getting pretty close.

Photoshop
3f551a713d6415ba63fde91d67f2a888.jpg

Actual
f0842ed3ca6c390b341fda2545eacaf8.jpg

I'm still working on locating some fog light grill guards. Its just figuring out what will fit and what won't. None the less I ended up with a front end that I am happy with!

jhill15

Explorer
Trying to source out some fog light guards. I am gonna try these to see if they will work.
82c54ee6a0c509b5cb77ba5e2fabbbdb.jpg
2007-2014 jk fog lights are pretty close to being the same size, just different mounting points. None the less I'm gonna give em a shot.

jhill15

Explorer
Well guys it's time for this build to come to an end! Unfortunately the patriot has developed a serious whine in the transmission! So the wife and I have decided to trade it in. Also we found out that even with the rack on top, and a hitch rack that with 2 kids and a dog it's very cramped inside!!! This thing was supposed to be our little weekend excursion rig and it's just not big enough...it served us...well enough but when the tranny started whining louder than our 4 year old...we didn't want it to fail on us and be stuck with putting a new one in. on a side note we are getting a different mall crawler...ready! No no your not lol a toyota highlander, I know what everyone is thinking...however v6,7 seater, tow rating of 3500 pounds, and awd with snow mode, and hill descent.
a0eda3a5d14b9f97aaca5bc4d2ede7c0.jpg
5a0816897cbc05addc137382a99e967a.jpg
let's see what can be built out of one of these!

Thanks jeepers!

kojackJKU

Gotta love the CVT that butternuts thinks is the best thing since sliced bread hey! Nice replacement rig tho. I will have to go to JP to see what they all have to say....more than likely its your fault, change the fluid and it will go away...the normal stuff. Glad.....SO GLAD I have the 6 sp in mine!

jhill15

Explorer
Gotta love the CVT that butternuts thinks is the best thing since sliced bread hey! Nice replacement rig tho. I will have to go to JP to see what they all have to say....more than likely its your fault, change the fluid and it will go away...the normal stuff. Glad.....SO GLAD I have the 6 sp in mine!
Thanks man! I gotta say I'm pretty disappointed, I put a lot of love into this thing and transmission whine flipped on like a light switch, and it was so loud that we had to pull over cause we thought it was gonna blow out lol. By the end of our trip the wife and I looked at each other and were like this things gotta go before the trans goes! For the HL I'm not too certain on how well of an awd system it has, there's not too many people wheeling them or using them outside of a Macy's parking lot lol.

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
Does the HL have automatic engaging 4x4 with the push button to lock it in manually, loke the rav 4?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz