2010 Jeep WK Grand Cherokee Limited Build

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
ddc05ade51b60ff0e4b170ecf30443d2.jpg

Do you have wheel spacers?
Yes, 1.5" Spidertrax

Loved this thread, just read all of it while I'm debating what light-duty overland vehicle to go with. Considering the WK Jeep, the Commander, and some other SUV's like the 2005-2012 Pathfinder and maybe even a Hummer H3. Did you consider any other SUV's before choosing the WK?

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
Loved this thread, just read all of it while I'm debating what light-duty overland vehicle to go with. Considering the WK Jeep, the Commander, and some other SUV's like the 2005-2012 Pathfinder and maybe even a Hummer H3. Did you consider any other SUV's before choosing the WK?
Thank you!!

I considered 4Runners of various model years. I found Commanders to be uncomfortable and sort of sterile-feeling inside. I am personally not a Nissan fan.

WK won because:
Comfort
Hemi!!
Classy rig
Unique
Able to easily flat-tow behind my camper.

Thank you!!

I considered 4Runners of various model years. I found Commanders to be uncomfortable and sort of sterile-feeling inside. I am personally not a Nissan fan.

WK won because:
Comfort
Hemi!!
Classy rig
Unique

Good points! I'm having a hard time finding a 2009/2010 WK GC. I had heard the 2009+ Hemi is more reliable which is why I was leaning towards an '09 or '10. I passed up on a 2011 WK2 GC a few weeks back that I am really regretting, mostly because of all the creature comforts it has

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
Thank you!!

WK won because:
Comfort
Hemi!!
Classy rig
Unique

Good points! I'm having a hard time finding a 2009/2010 WK GC. I had heard the 2009+ Hemi is more reliable which is why I was leaning towards an '09 or '10. I passed up on a 2011 WK2 GC a few weeks back that I am really regretting, mostly because of all the creature comforts it has
You are correct. You want the newer VVT Hemi, mid 2009 to 2010. Much less reliability concerns and more powerful motor. I searched for 6 months to find a low mileage, untouched/non-abused 2010. With high flow exhaust, true cold air intake, and Diablosport tuner, I am near 400 HP and still average 13 to 15 MPG while traveling.

I don't have any experience with the WK2s, but they seem to be nice rigs. I do like the smaller, more aggressive body of the WK though.

Did you lose room to store an underside spare tire with the Wilco Hitchgate? I know the description indicates there needs to be 4.5" of space behind the receiver. I'm thinking of getting one, but my aim would be to add a second spare.

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
Did you lose room to store an underside spare tire with the Wilco Hitchgate? I know the description indicates there needs to be 4.5" of space behind the receiver. I'm thinking of getting one, but my aim would be to add a second spare.
Took a few pics for you. I had previously ground/cut the backside of the hitch receiver to accommodate my 32" spare underneath. So I gave you a measurement from the factory weld point as well: 3.5" of Wilco tube exposed through hitch receiver. This is with the Wilco pinned through the 2nd Hole, closest to the tailgate.
d263297d57b2afda0e6a6b4b38571808.jpg
aa26b39c4007ab87b137e63ae0955876.jpg
0fdc3eac6afd965c620ef86fbed16b67.jpg
c897668e9e2635c55a70e8b8a1da89a1.jpg

Awesome, that's perfect. Thanks for the effort. I see this as a way to get the second spare I'd like tucked away, but it's gonna involve buying the hitch and a receiver. These numbers will help me make the call on this. Great build!

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
Awesome, that's perfect. Thanks for the effort. I see this as a way to get the second spare I'd like tucked away, but it's gonna involve buying the hitch and a receiver. These numbers will help me make the call on this. Great build!
You're welcome.

And thanks!!

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
The CRD is the only reason to own a WK, I looked for 1 1/2 years for the right one.
There is no advantage to a diesel over a gas motor in a non-towing or non heavy load carrying rig. At the National Average of $.70/gallon more for diesel, MPG is a wash. So there is just a suspect 2000s Jeep diesel engine, with known problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles