2010 Fronty Build and LOTS of Poser shots thread.

Bigfnhammer

This could be anywhere
Thanks for the real world feedback, I don't think I'm ballin enough to swap a 7 speed in here ahah.
I definitely think I'm leaning towards going bigger picture and stayin with the 3.36 ratio, seems cheaper as well.
I'm hoping this time next year that I'll be well underway in the v8 swap, I picked up a m205 but its way to clapped out for what I paid for it so I might return it or see if theyll give me some money back.

Will keep on adding pics from the drives we do around here, cheers.

kootenay

Intergalacticsuperintendent
I would stick the 3.36 if you will be doing the VK by next year. Speers was running 4.10 or 4.56 in his VK Xterra and he told me it was way to low.

Bigfnhammer

This could be anywhere
If anyone is curious where I got my E Locker for the M205 Titan diff from, they're finally available for purchase from TRE4X4 and on sale till the end of the month

Or you can get them from www.tre4x4usa.com

While I haven't been able to install mine yet due to my work schedule, my buddy Chad and Mark in the Kootenays have been abusing theirs all winter.

Bigfnhammer

This could be anywhere
I got some new 285/75/16 Yokohama mudders. I decided to stay with the same size I had cause the trucks already bad enough on gas and I don't really need anything any bigger for what I do. I also ground down the welds on the front bumper and repainted since the first paint job didn't last more than a few weeks.
I had to change out the front wheel bearings

Couple pics of the truck from the last few weeks.

ox7dbch.jpg
CmYHI4W.jpg
Lq6Gwnc.jpg
PAsK9gC.jpg
yWcZ5ia.jpg
Zls2FRP.jpg
L1KcLMe.jpg
Px9Bhoi.jpg
mcVm9FK.jpg

Bigfnhammer

This could be anywhere
Finally got around to setting up the TRE E-Locker for my M205.
When I tore it down it had the typical stub shaft failure where the circlip let go and the splines got washed off so I gave it all new bearings and seals. Setting up gear sets isn't my favourite thing to do but I got a really good tooth contact pattern and a perfect backlash spec. The rolling torque on the pinion is acceptable at 25 inch pounds which feels rather tight to me personally but the spec is the spec. I also peened the pinnion nut to help it not back off.
Just need to get some new CV axles, some diff oil, and find some time motivation to actually install the thing now, but since we're heading into the wet season it's gunna be a while I think.
YVwy3vL.jpg

Oa487tS.jpg

5wL83qS.jpg

OitHp1a.jpg

Bigfnhammer

This could be anywhere
Doing a bit of post winter update on the truck,
Lately I was really noticing a big drop in fuel mileage and power, especially on long hills the truck would hesitate to down shift and really try to lug it out up the hills, I'd have to almost give it full throttle before it would actually downshift, it got to the point where I would drive around with the over drive off to help keep the revs up. With no codes to go off to point me in a direction to take the diagnostics I was getting frustrated. Everything I was checking seemed to be operating as it should, I was getting closed loop in the o2 sensors, they were responding to load as they should in the live data, cleaned the MAF no change, Replaced the MAF, no change.
I saw the Z1 High output Ignition Coils and noticed they were on sale so I just grabbed them along with the IMS since you have to remove it anyways to do the coils.

Holy crap what a difference, it downshifts as it should, way punchier off the line and after it really pulls hard between 3-4k RPM, and best of all my fuel mileage on the display went from reading 22L per hundred Kilometers to 14.9L. I will do a drive out to the coast this weekend to really calculate it myself but I'm very pleased with the coils and IMS from an ass in the seat feel alone.
And heres more of what everyone wants to see anyways
T9aOJGm.jpg

5TfMuse.jpg

NvWAfQm.jpg

MdiklzN.jpg

vxMKhHS.jpg

7493gi4.jpg

tlNMcMv.jpg

paulforeman

Doing a bit of post winter update on the truck,
Lately I was really noticing a big drop in fuel mileage and power, especially on long hills the truck would hesitate to down shift and really try to lug it out up the hills, I'd have to almost give it full throttle before it would actually downshift, it got to the point where I would drive around with the over drive off to help keep the revs up. With no codes to go off to point me in a direction to take the diagnostics I was getting frustrated. Everything I was checking seemed to be operating as it should, I was getting closed loop in the o2 sensors, they were responding to load as they should in the live data, cleaned the MAF no change, Replaced the MAF, no change.
I saw the Z1 High output Ignition Coils and noticed they were on sale so I just grabbed them along with the IMS since you have to remove it anyways to do the coils.

Holy crap what a difference, it downshifts as it should, way punchier off the line and after it really pulls hard between 3-4k RPM, and best of all my fuel mileage on the display went from reading 22L per hundred Kilometers to 14.9L. I will do a drive out to the coast this weekend to really calculate it myself but I'm very pleased with the coils and IMS from an ass in the seat feel alone.
And heres more of what everyone wants to see anyways
T9aOJGm.jpg

5TfMuse.jpg

NvWAfQm.jpg

MdiklzN.jpg

vxMKhHS.jpg

7493gi4.jpg

tlNMcMv.jpg
Interesting - surprised that the coils would make such a difference but whatever works! I don't know anything about coils though so maybe I shouldn't be surprised. Glad it helped get the truck going good again!

Bigfnhammer

This could be anywhere
I almost have 1000k on these now and the real world fuel mileage is up to 18L but that's mostly aired down and like 90% off road, the first run up was flat highway, it's still almost 5L difference in fuel mileage and my power way better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles